PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what's up w/my M50Tu but it's pulling way harder than ever...

RobPatt
10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
... my guess is its the cold temps, but over the last couple of days I'm like "wow" the RPMs just fly up the tack and when rounding corners I can get a chirp from the tires when used to I could just accellerate out of the corner and that's it.... so guessing the cold air ( it's only 50F - know that's warm for lots of you...) is helping the engine and also maybe hardening the rubber on the tires a bit? Don't know what it is but I like it. :p

Paul in NZ
10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
you know what they say rob dont you about when an engine runs like that ;p

MarkD
10-25-2005, 04:32 AM
... my guess is its the cold temps, but over the last couple of days I'm like "wow" the RPMs just fly up the tack and when rounding corners I can get a chirp from the tires when used to I could just accellerate out of the corner and that's it.... so guessing the cold air ( it's only 50F - know that's warm for lots of you...) is helping the engine and also maybe hardening the rubber on the tires a bit? Don't know what it is but I like it. :p

It's most likely the cooler air. On the weekend I drove on the highway to Bruno's house. It was around 40F and the M5 was accellerating like it had boosters from the space shuttle on it. :D

MarkD

RobPatt
10-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Paul, no I don't know what they say....

MarkD, I hear ya. BTW running your chip of course... i'm the Hawaii spot on that map you posted... bought the chip about 2 years ago in Hawaii, but now in Florida. Cheers. -Rob.

Jeff N.
10-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Is that guy even still alive?

PS - tell him hello from all of us!

Jeff

Paul in NZ
10-25-2005, 10:31 PM
It was around 40F and the M5 was accellerating like it had boosters from the space shuttle on it.

nicley quantified Mark:)

rps1072
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
I was going to post on this very thing.
Mine has been idling like crap until just this las week when it consistently dropped below 80F. Now I have to check to see if the engine is on. What's up with that?