PDA

View Full Version : The engine is rebuilt and doing great

aabdelhamid
10-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Just rebuilt the engine, the suspension and the drive-train. But I still hear a bad grinding noise as if a bearing is not OK early in the morning when it's cold. I changed the center bearing for the spindle as well as the flex joint and still the noise is there. Now that the engine is smooth I can hear this even louder an this makes the 2500 US$ I paid seem useless.
Any ideas whether it's the tranny and can I actually rebuild it or should I just swap in a used tranny in better condition? Please advise me

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 01:44 PM
holey **** batman slow down!

OK...when the car is cold it makes a grinding noise. Give us more info here bro, when exactly are you hearing this noise? in gear, car an auto/manual? what year?

dude fill out your info so we can help you here!

E34-520iSE
10-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Does the noise come from around the gearshift area or from the rear of the car? Does in happen in certain gears only?

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Just rebuilt the engine, the suspension and the drive-train. But I still hear a bad grinding noise as if a bearing is not OK early in the morning when it's cold. I changed the center bearing for the spindle as well as the flex joint and still the noise is there. Now that the engine is smooth I can hear this even louder an this makes the 2500 US$ I paid seem useless.
Any ideas whether it's the tranny and can I actually rebuild it or should I just swap in a used tranny in better condition? Please advise me
Doom and gloom! Everything will get sorted out, but you definately should fill out the info on your car or you could just type it in on every post you make about your car.

aabdelhamid
10-25-2005, 04:11 AM
OK my car is 520i 1990 manual and the grinding noise comes from around the gear box in under the shift knob and I feel it in the knob clearly. The noise is not really associated with a certain gear but comes only in the cold mornings and is only heard when I move, after the car heats up it disappears.

shogun
10-25-2005, 06:11 AM
you can add this info in your profile like we have it. Look under Use CP at the very top on the left hand side.
At least the year/month (if you do not know it, see on my website below and type in under VIN decoder the last 7 digits of your car), engine type, and if manual or auto trans , that means i or iA.
Or just add your lst 7 digits in your profile and then we can look in the parts catalog for YOUR car's specification.
Once you have that, you nver have to type it again.

632 Regal
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM
have you changed the trans fluid yet?