PDA

View Full Version : WTF $1 carfax guy

motuman
10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Has anyone successfully used one of those guys on craigslist (or where ever) that will run a carfax for $1 or $2? If so, could you give me their contact info?

I don't mind paying a couple of bucks, but I don't want to sent my paypal adresss to a scammer.

Thanks.

peks
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
i dont know if theyre scammin you, but it sure sounds like their scamming carfax. i think thats stealing

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
maybe he has some connection with carfax? shoot for a buck id go for it!

i dont know if theyre scammin you, but it sure sounds like their scamming carfax. i think thats stealing

ArtemLepilov
10-24-2005, 03:16 PM
maybe he has some connection with carfax? shoot for a buck id go for it!

Check it out - when u get carfax, you can get unlimited number of car checkups for a month for like only $5 more.. (I think regular is $19.99 and the unlimted is $24.99) So if you play your cards right... You might be able to get more thna what you paid for the carfax for your car in the first place (or maybe you just got it to make profit without scanning your car first. In any case - i think you get the idea..

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree! There's something wrong there.

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
hmm... my unlimited carfax only did 10 cars and then blocked me...unlimited does not mean what they claim. Probably some micro printing in their policy.

Check it out - when u get carfax, you can get unlimited number of car checkups for a month for like only $5 more.. (I think regular is $19.99 and the unlimted is $24.99) So if you play your cards right... You might be able to get more thna what you paid for the carfax for your car in the first place (or maybe you just got it to make profit without scanning your car first. In any case - i think you get the idea..