PDA

View Full Version : Headlights/angel Eyes Removal Help!

rgvbimmer
10-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Hopefully someone on here can help me with this. I have a 1993 318is with stock headlights. I recently purchased a pair of halo "angel" eyes for my 318is. My problem is this, when I received my new projectors everything came in included as mentioned where I bought them from, but here's the problem. On the new "angel" eyes the lights came without the plastic cover in front of them like my stock headlights. A buddy of mine told me that you could take the plastic covers of my stock headlights and glue them to my new "angel" eyes. Is this true? and if so can someone send me some diagrams or pics on how to do this?

Please Reply

Thanks!

Ruben ;)

Incantation
10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
i'm an e34 driver but all you should have to do is heat up the unit (with a blow-dryer or heat gun) and the glue will release its hold.. it can get messy but it works

rgvbimmer
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks! Any other information will be appreciated.

Thanks Again!

84318i
12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Hopefully someone on here can help me with this. I have a 1993 318is with stock headlights. I recently purchased a pair of halo "angel" eyes for my 318is. My problem is this, when I received my new projectors everything came in included as mentioned where I bought them from, but here's the problem. On the new "angel" eyes the lights came without the plastic cover in front of them like my stock headlights. A buddy of mine told me that you could take the plastic covers of my stock headlights and glue them to my new "angel" eyes. Is this true? and if so can someone send me some diagrams or pics on how to do this?

Please Reply

Thanks!

Ruben ;)

That may be true but an easier quicker solution would be to by plastic covers for lights from bavauto.com