PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Lense

Spartiatis
10-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Can the lense be changed without changing the whole headlight. They are projectors.

Cambridge
10-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Can the lense be changed without changing the whole headlight. They are projectors.

Here is a link to a member who removed a lens with a heat gun / torch:
Lens Removal (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14552&highlight=heat+gun)

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Use Hella.

rockyfeller
10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
U can find replacement lenses cheap on Ebay

iainand
10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
my UK 93' 525tds has hella lights, those are the only ones i believe you can buy the lens separatly for. just 3 screws hold the rear (projector part) to the glass lens, and another 3 hold the lens onto the mounting.

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
U can find replacement lenses cheap on Ebay
You get what you pay for. Don't buy cheap eBay lenses, unless they are Hella.

iainand
10-24-2005, 05:30 PM
i got 2 right hand side outer hella (dip beam) glasses, i bought them online in UK and both times got glass, i wanted the reflector/protector part. both times parts were described as headlight inner, i even asked if that meant the reflector part not the glass - result another glass!!!

and me well pi$$ed off!!!!

ssimms
10-25-2005, 09:44 AM
i got 2 right hand side outer hella (dip beam) glasses, i bought them online in UK and both times got glass, i wanted the reflector/protector part. both times parts were described as headlight inner, i even asked if that meant the reflector part not the glass - result another glass!!!

and me well pi$$ed off!!!!
Do you still have a set? I think I will be needing the lens for my dipped (outer) lamps soon. (crack and some bad pitting) I did the inner (high beams) with polycarbonite but, don;t think they will be durable long term.
How much would you take for a pair if you still have them or can you direct me to purchase some?

Scott
1992 535i