PDA

View Full Version : OT fast food?

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
I found this to be interesting as I research all kinds of off the wall subjets. Some will find this a good read and others just wont read...anyways heres some stuff.
Good food (http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/mcds/theguardian0704011.html)edit an easier to read article of the same exerpt.

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I found this to be interesting as I research all kinds of off the wall subjets. Some will find this a good read and others just wont read...anyways heres some stuff.
Good food (http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/mcds/theguardian0704011.html)edit an easier to read article of the same exerpt.
You are on a roll today, Jeff!

Zeuk in Oz
10-24-2005, 02:06 AM
The best hot dogs in the world are at "Harry's Cafe de Wheels" at Woolloomooloo in Sydney - worth the trip from anywhere.
The "hot dog de wheels" is to die for - hot dog with mushy peas, fried onions, chilli concarne, cheese and chilli sauces. Eaten by the waterfront watching the RAN vessels in dock. Heaven. :p

Mitch90535im
10-24-2005, 06:36 AM
The best hot dogs in the world are at "Harry's Cafe de Wheels" at Woolloomooloo in Sydney - worth the trip from anywhere.
The "hot dog de wheels" is to die for - hot dog with mushy peas, fried onions, chilli concarne, cheese and chilli sauces. Eaten by the waterfront watching the RAN vessels in dock. Heaven. :p

Wrong - the best hotdogs in the world are at the Varsity in Atlanta, GA. (along with the best onion rings in the world made from Vidallia onions grown in GA, the sweetest onions in the world)

Springfield1952
10-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Mushy peas on a dog??!?! No thanks. I could barely stomach feeding those nasty bits of mush to my kids when they were in their high chairs and there's no way I could ruin the simple pleasure of a good hot dog by putting mushy peas on it.

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
no reada da artikle?

dacoyote
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
no reada da artikle?

do ya speak ebonix don't make me shank ya bitch

ryan roopnarine
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
jeff, as the bottom of the article says, that excerpt is from a book called "fast food nation" that became popular around 2002. its basically the "inspiration" (it was a fashionable topic at the time because of the book/motivation) for the movie "super size me" billl r took a digital pic of his copy in his hand about two years ago when it was being discussed. if you find that article interesting, go down to the library, or see if you can get a cheap one off amazon. i just read it last year, as i was walking along a stack in my skool's library, and thought i may as well, as everyone else had already read it. it certainly discusses interesting things, even if you don't like the author's approach. a reasonably easy length read.

Springfield1952
10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
no reada da artikle?
Actually I did read the article and it reinforces my thought there are some things better to be ignorant about. I will say that I'm constantly amazed at the amout of processed food I see in most carts at the local Safeway.

Curt.

632 Regal
10-24-2005, 04:12 PM
what really made me think was the part about the pork roast having ingredients instead of just "pork". Perfumes and flavorings is listed as natural flavorings, using female bugs of some species for coloring...eesh.

Actually I did read the article and it reinforces my thought there are some things better to be ignorant about. I will say that I'm constantly amazed at the amout of processed food I see in most carts at the local Safeway.

Curt.

Zeuk in Oz
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
no reada da artikle?
Certainly did !
At the bottom of the article it it refers to www.mcspotlight.org which refers to the Mclibel case that Helen Steel and Dave Morris ran in the UK when McDonalds sued them for handing out leaflets warning people against eating at McDonalds. Fascinating if you haven't seen it. There is also a documentary floating around about them - longest running legal case in the UK at the time, I think.
Still like mushy peas on hot dogs though ! :D

Springfield1952
10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I do remember coloring the mayo in my sandwich blue or green when I was in the 4th grade or so just to make the girls in class go "bleech!" when they saw it!