PDA

View Full Version : Need a part - have some vibrations

western99
10-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Ok guys & gals, I need your help.

My 95 525ia needs some help. First, does anyone have the green inserts that go into the thrust arm bushings? I need 2 of them. My old ones cracked and I need 2 for the driver's side. Secondly, the entire front end of my car is new, upper and lower control arms, tie rods, struts, rotors & pads, and sway bar links. Everything is less than a year old. When I brake on the highway, I get a vibration through the steering wheel. The only thing that is old on the front of the car are my break callipers and those were even rebuilt. I am clueless as to what is causing this to happen to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? Any comments or suggestions would help.

Brian

western99
10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks

Ok guys & gals, I need your help.

My 95 525ia needs some help. First, does anyone have the green inserts that go into the thrust arm bushings? I need 2 of them. My old ones cracked and I need 2 for the driver's side. Secondly, the entire front end of my car is new, upper and lower control arms, tie rods, struts, rotors & pads, and sway bar links. Everything is less than a year old. When I brake on the highway, I get a vibration through the steering wheel. The only thing that is old on the front of the car are my break callipers and those were even rebuilt. I am clueless as to what is causing this to happen to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? Any comments or suggestions would help.

Brian

Rob
10-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Usally the vibrations on the steering wheel while breaking hard is an indication to warped (wobly) disc rotors.

Have you checked them?

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
check them with a dial indicator, also clean the rust and lube the mating surfaces between the rotor and hubs.

western99
10-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Nothing was off signifcantly. I believe on one side it was .002 of an inch off once we did one full rotation. I do not believe that it would cause excessive virbration.

Brian

Rob
10-23-2005, 04:00 PM
AT a high speed and heavy breaking I think it would?

western99
10-23-2005, 04:05 PM
I do not think that it should vibrate at that speed when breaking.

Rob
10-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Well, maybe not. I just saw a web page with the related problem and possible causes, will look for you now.

western99
10-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I appreciate your help on this.