PDA

View Full Version : Molding in German

t_marat
10-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Does anybody know how will be in German: driver door molding?

Thanks.

romus
10-23-2005, 05:20 AM
yes, its: Fahrer seite tuer abguss.

no problem.

Bimmerman
10-23-2005, 05:30 AM
well... its pronounced rezina s voditelskoj dveri in russian if that helps! :)

t_marat
10-23-2005, 06:32 AM
well... its pronounced rezina s voditelskoj dveri in russian if that helps! :)

Spasibo, ya znayu kak eto na ruskom :)

Thanks, romus for your help.

t_marat
10-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Anybody can help me finding a driver side door molding in Ebay.de? I tried searching with 'Fahrer seite tuer abguss' or just 'abguss', but no result.

Bimmerman
10-23-2005, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=t_marat]Spasibo, ya znayu kak eto na ruskom :)

Mersi frumos sper sa te ajut in vitor (romanian) ... anytime, dude! :)

Bimmerman
10-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Enough of this German engineering Natzi ****!!!! Buy a Commodore Ya sillly C@#$S!!!!

Bimmerman
10-23-2005, 08:02 AM
take thyis as a warning, DO NOT leave your login unprotected!!!!

Bimmerman
10-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Ratbags are everywhere!

t_marat
10-23-2005, 08:43 AM
????

I did not understand last 3 posts

E34-520iSE
10-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Enough of this German engineering Natzi ****!!!! Buy a Commodore Ya sillly C@#$S!!!! A Commodore? Nah, I haven't got a spotty face or dirty white baseball cap.... and I can spell SILLY preperly - what a fool, a total waste of DNA. GIVE HIM A KICK UP THE BOT!!

(Just helping T_Marat out here)

dacoyote
10-23-2005, 11:34 AM
????

I don't anyone does....

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 03:37 PM
It's either gibberish or the Ebonics language and I cant make heads nor tails out of either. Something about a moulding in Germany is all I caught.

I don't anyone does....

romus
10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
its "nazi" Bimmerman

Oh yeh, Commodore is the answer! ;) haha

uscharalph
10-23-2005, 04:27 PM
????

What got into Bimmerman??

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Alcohol?

uscharalph
10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Alcohol?
LOL!!!

Beemr750
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Just look up Zierleiste für Fahrer Tür.

That's what it's called originally when they built the car.Is Commodore another Yugo built car-or?

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
okay the only thing I could find regarding your Commodore is this...not sure if its what you meant but this is it.

http://www.california-ballroom.info/images/bands/commodores.gif

That's what it's called originally when they built the car.Is Commodore another Yugo built car-or?

dacoyote
10-23-2005, 07:55 PM
okay the only thing I could find regarding your Commodore is this...not sure if its what you meant but this is it.

http://www.california-ballroom.info/images/bands/commodores.gif

I was thinking more of the commodore computer type.....

shogun
10-23-2005, 08:49 PM
The Commodore is made in Australia by Holden
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=4

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
wow those things cost as much as new BMW's for comperable. it is a german car though

The Commodore is made in Australia by Holden
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=4

digitaldragon03
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Looks like he left himself logged in on a computer and someone else posted with his screenname, then warned him not to do it again.

romus
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
nah commodore is opel omega...only much worse but locals love it...

zierleiste dann? Danke, jetzt weiss ich was neues :)

and you go german keyboard too :)

shogun
10-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Zierleiste = door molding?
Ich habe mich immer gefragt, was er mit door molding meint.

Deshalb habe ich dazu auch nichts gesagt, denn falsch uebersetzen ist ja auch nicht so gut. ;)

romus
10-23-2005, 11:17 PM
meinst du mich damit? :)

Hab doch nur versucht dem burschen zu helfen. War mir auch nicht ganz klar was molding war.

so shogun...du lebst in Japan, sprichst englisch und dann ueberraschst uns alle mitm deutsch? :)

shogun
10-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Bin in D geboren, lebe aber schon ab 1980 in Asien.

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 11:38 PM
HEY! you guys cant outsource this forum...Bring back Ross, Bring back Ross, Bring back Ross!!!

shogun
10-23-2005, 11:46 PM
o.k., guys, lets go back to our forum language

中国語を理解するか。 :D :p

ArtemLepilov
10-23-2005, 11:47 PM
wow those things cost as much as new BMW's for comperable. it is a german car though

I believe those are australian dollar values or something like that...

shogun
10-23-2005, 11:51 PM
In Australia cars are extremely expensive what I heard, especially the import cars. This is to protect the local production in Australia.
Im my opninion a bit too much protection.
How can they produce cars at a reasonable price if there is not the qty like in other countries?
With that small population in Australia it is probably impossible.

632 Regal
10-23-2005, 11:53 PM
This is something the USA has dissolved, send all work to other countries so all we have here is only the welthiest and the poorest, nothing in-between.

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 12:52 AM
This is something the USA has dissolved, send all work to other countries so all we have here is only the welthiest and the poorest, nothing in-between.
Jeesh, I think he's right.

Zeuk in Oz
10-24-2005, 01:11 AM
o.k., guys, lets go back to our forum language

中国語を理解するか。 :D :p

Our "lingua franca" no less. Schade. :(

It is interesting that nothing annoys English speakers as much as foreign conversations they can't understand. :D

Zeuk in Oz
10-24-2005, 01:26 AM
In Australia cars are extremely expensive what I heard, especially the import cars. This is to protect the local production in Australia.
Im my opninion a bit too much protection.
How can they produce cars at a reasonable price if there is not the qty like in other countries?
With that small population in Australia it is probably impossible.
It is not quite that simple, methinks.
There is now very little protection as far as imports are concerned, rather, as far as I am aware, it is more just a matter of collecting as much tax as possible.
Also the importers of fine, quality cars know that there is no threat from the local opposition so they make sure they all price them to the max !
Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons are amazingly inexpensive given their size and performance, however no-one would ever accuse them of being at the cutting edge with respect to engineering, technology or safety.
Most quality control is done after purchase on the road ! :D

grave77
10-24-2005, 05:29 AM
I think those are the same as the Chevies ( GM ) based engines ... common between Opel and Chevies .. right ?

t_marat
10-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Just interesting to see to what topics the original simple question of molding in German led to.

;)

romus
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
The problem is Shogun that they arent even trying. Today, Ford is advertising ELECTRIC BACK WINDOWS as a feature!! So far they only had front eletric (if at all) Mind you this is Ford Australia's flagship. My 1985 318 had el. windows "all round" haha. That's just one example however, and its like that with pretty much everything. And people who do drive BMW's etc are idiots taken advantage of by respective dealers...

This wasn't the topic however, but i just wanted to add to what you said. It could be talked about this all day, because difference between australian made cars and the imports is huge. What they do to japanese imports (nissan etc) is strip them off the cool features before they are released, to minimise advantage over their own. Pathetic. So much easier than to make a decent car, isn't it??

shogun
10-24-2005, 10:11 PM
That is the typical problem if there is no real competition and they can sit back and relax.
I still can remmber the old days when I lived in Germany. What the German makers offered was mereley a chassis with 4 wheels and a steering wheel. The rest was optional extra = $$$$/EURO or DM at that time.
No airbag, radial tires, no automatic seat belts, no remote control, no electric windows, no radio, nothing at all.
Then came the japanese into Germany or Europe wih their better equipepd cars, longer warranties etc.
Ford Germany was if I remember the first one who catched the ball and extended the warranty some month longer. Still there is this option thinking in Europe. BMW Japan for example only offers almost fully equipped cars, you just have to select engine size, paint, sunroof yes/no, that's it almost.
Because they have to compete against the Japanese cars here in Japan, which are even MORE fully equipped as standard here than their export versions.
I do not speak about aircon, auto doors, auto windows, that is all standard, because the competition has it too.
Nowadays a NAVI system is included, which of course has additonal functions such as TV, radio/audio etc.

The smallest cars here in Japan like the Daihatsu Cuore, or Suzuki's cost here less than 10K US$. Of course they have only 650 cc and 45 HP, but that is because cars up to 650 cc and certain size cost only 45 $ tax/year. So almost every household has a socalled Minica.
They are equipped with aircon, auto trans, radio, etc.
And for city traffic jam the small engines are fine.

romus
10-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Hmmm that is interesting. Didn't know that.

Gayle
10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Our "lingua franca" no less. Schade. :(

It is interesting that nothing annoys English speakers as much as foreign conversations they can't understand. :D

It is true. We don't have to learn other languages because everywhere we go, they speak English. We have no motivation to learn other languages and it is so rare that we are left out, we can't cope ;)

Kai@e34.de
10-25-2005, 07:20 PM
It is true. We don't have to learn other languages because everywhere we go, they speak English. We have no motivation to learn other languages and it is so rare that we are left out, we can't cope ;)
agree... my sister's bf is american, too. he lives in germany for ~15yrs now and knows only a few german words/phrases like hallo, wie gehts, ich heisse john and so on. there's no real need to learn it, nearly everyone here speaks a little bit english.

Enough of this German engineering Natzi ****!!!! Buy a Commodore Ya sillly C@#$S!!!!
an Opel Commodore would be a german nazi car, too ;) a real nice one, in my opinion.

http://www.e34.de/pics/kai/temp/DSC01267pimp.jpg

Zeuk in Oz
10-25-2005, 07:36 PM

The internet, being predominantly in English, has also exacerbated this phenomenon.
I realise, upon re-reading my post, that it might have been a little condescending. That was not my intention, rather I just wanted to highlight the characteristic which I have witnessed here in Oz, in the States and to a lesser extent in the UK.
I have this very problem with my in-laws (who have never been out of Australia) constantly in that they do not tolerate anything other than English being spoken in their presence. This even if someone else does not speak English and translation is occurring.
My solution to this "problem" is to encourage young people to travel far and wide, thus experiencing different cultures and languages and developing more tolerance.
In Oz few children take the study of languages seriously as they feel no need to learn another language - implying that if someone doesn't speak English then they are not worth conversing with !
What this has meant is that few Aussie children know any English grammar as it is not taught in schools any more. Were they to learn another language in which grammar was taught, this would in effect help their English.
It certainly did mine !
I even wonder how many of the readers of my post understand the concept of a lingua franca - where 2 people converse in a common language which is foreign (not their mother tongue) to both of them. Erich (shogun) and I do so every time we post.
Sorry for the rant - just consider it the random ramblings of a deranged mind ! :D

genphreak
10-25-2005, 11:26 PM
It is not quite that simple, methinks.
There is now very little protection as far as imports are concerned, rather, as far as I am aware, it is more just a matter of collecting as much tax as possible.
Also the importers of fine, quality cars know that there is no threat from the local opposition so they make sure they all price them to the max !
Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons are amazingly inexpensive given their size and performance, however no-one would ever accuse them of being at the cutting edge with respect to engineering, technology or safety.
Most quality control is done after purchase on the road ! :DToo right Zeuk, except there is plenty of protection- Importers are slugged 10% in duty (as well as consumption tax on the commercial value (ie this includes freight+insurance)), plus manufacturers get considerable credits if they export, which in many cases they would do anyway.

Good point you and Gayle made on English speakers not tolerating other languages too btw :)

genphreak
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Does anybody know how will be in German: driver door molding?

Thanks.I can tell you that in the Queen's ENGLISH it is Driver's door moulding :D

632 Regal
10-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Long live the Queen!

I can tell you that in the Queen's ENGLISH it is Driver's door moulding :D

genphreak
10-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Long live the Queen!LOL, yea Jeff, and all her in-bred relos...

Zeuk in Oz
10-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Too right Zeuk, except there is plenty of protection- Importers are slugged 10% in duty (as well as consumption tax on the commercial value (ie this includes freight+insurance)), plus manufacturers get considerable credits if they export, which in many cases they would do anyway.
Granted, but it used to be closer to 50% duty and I understand it will be reduced further then the present levels in the near future.
The consumption tax can be claimed back, I presume, when the car is sold.
Australia, for those that don't know, is the only country in the world that believes in a level playing field with respect to trade. That is why we signed the lop-sided trade agreement with the old U S of A recently - because it favoured the US ! - I certainly cannot figure it out !
Don't start me on why our Prime Minister thinks the sun shines out of George W's arse !

genphreak
10-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Granted, but it used to be closer to 50% duty and I understand it will be reduced further then the present levels in the near future. The consumption tax can be claimed back, I presume, when the car is sold.Yes indeed that is true. Claim the tax back? I doubt it, my car would only ever be sold at a loss.... :D Hahaha... but a lot of it would have to be considered 'consumables'...

Zeuk in Oz
10-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Claim the tax back? I doubt it, my car would only ever be sold at a loss.... :D
I meant the importers would have to pay GST which they would then claim back when the car was sold as new.

Interceptor
10-28-2005, 07:14 AM

Hey, Yugo was a very popular car here, 20 years ago! :) Well, that's because my country was a part of Yugoslavia before and tax on imported cars was 100%! :)

Interceptor
10-28-2005, 07:22 AM
People outside the US understand that americans act as spoiled brats, so we don't mind learning English :)

P.S. to dumb people: This is a joke, so don't even try to crap on me for being a nazi SOB :)