PDA

View Full Version : OT: look at what i got from ebay for $5.24 USD...

ryan roopnarine
10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
http://plaza.ufl.edu/rroopnar/wpump.JPG

this is why i was asking about the longevity of "remanufactured" bmw water pumps. i got a hell of a deal on it. the price was originally $4.95, but i guess the original bidder wasn't around when the auction ended, as i scooped it up handily. i feel bad for the guy. he advertised it only as fitting e39 and e46 I6's, but the part number indicates that it will fit in any m5x engine, which, i guess, eliminated most of the m50 people looking to buy (there was a hepu going for $20+ when this auction ended). I paid $5.24 for the pump, and $7.xx for shipping (a little heft on it), so less than $14 for a bmw dealer piece. i guess this kinda makes up for my string of crappy luck in the last two weeks (if only somewhat).

ps--I created a thread a week or two ago in which i asked for people to look up a m50 waterpump number on the ETK, this was NOT for the purpose of getting one off ebay, it was for finding out what the supercession on the impeller material was. i have to replace it in a month or two and wanted to make sure i wasn't picking up a lemon.

uscharalph
10-22-2005, 12:40 AM
http://plaza.ufl.edu/rroopnar/wpump.JPG

this is why i was asking about the longevity of "remanufactured" bmw water pumps. i got a hell of a deal on it. the price was originally $4.95, but i guess the original bidder wasn't around when the auction ended, as i scooped it up handily. i feel bad for the guy. he advertised it only as fitting e39 and e46 I6's, but the part number indicates that it will fit in any m5x engine, which, i guess, eliminated most of the m50 people looking to buy (there was a hepu going for $20+ when this auction ended). I paid $5.24 for the pump, and $7.xx for shipping (a little heft on it), so less than $14 for a bmw dealer piece. i guess this kinda makes up for my string of crappy luck in the last two weeks (if only somewhat).

ps--I created a thread a week or two ago in which i asked for people to look up a m50 waterpump number on the ETK, this was NOT for the purpose of getting one off ebay, it was for finding out what the supercession on the impeller material was. i have to replace it in a month or two and wanted to make sure i wasn't picking up a lemon.
Nice catch!

DanDombrowski
10-22-2005, 10:31 AM
dude....what is up with that monitor?

The 21" trinitron is still up for grabs if you want it.

Seller name? I might pick one up too, as I'm about to take off my fan clutch to try to isolate a front end noise I have.

High Compression II
10-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Looks exactly like the WP I fitted to my M51 diesel engine last week.............

Mine cost me 27 plustax sterling...........(around 60 odd dollars)

632 Regal
10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
LMAO...arent 12" monitors still in style?

dude....what is up with that monitor?

The 21" trinitron is still up for grabs if you want it.

Seller name? I might pick one up too, as I'm about to take off my fan clutch to try to isolate a front end noise I have.

willobmw
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
That's why I like Ebay. Minus the few a--holes, you can get some good deals if you know what you are looking for. Way to go Ryan.
Willobmw

ryan roopnarine
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
LMAO...arent 12" monitors still in style?

that's the only monitor that's compatible with a studly sex machine like myself. that's a 1997 monitor, 14 inch monitor. MULTI-MEDIA monitor. as in other monitors are incapable of MULTI MEDIA, but this one is. (cue will ferrel voice) "big time stuff."

i found it by the dumpster, dan, along with a 4xx mhz K6-3. if you are offering, i might accept, and can at least toss a few bucks your way.

the guy's username is shibberdog, but it looks like the only item he's selling right now is a set of m60 intake gaskets for $9.99