PDA

View Full Version : bimmer info photo gallery

Paul in NZ
10-21-2005, 03:31 AM
As at 10 41pm is anyone able to get to their bimmer info photo gallery site.......Mine rejects my username,but i am sure i got it right.....

granit_silber
10-21-2005, 07:46 AM
As at 10 41pm is anyone able to get to their bimmer info photo gallery site.......Mine rejects my username,but i am sure i got it right.....
Paul,

I've never been able to get into the gallery. It always responds with "that username is already in use". Which is a little weird since I never activated the gallery stuff.
-ashley

Gayle
10-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Ditto.

dacoyote
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM

There is a photo gallery? :-)

Charles

Martin in Bellevue
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I've not been able to upload for about 1 month, yesterday it denied entry.

uscharalph
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I can't get in and I have some pictures stored there. As a matter of fact my signature picture is stored there.

uscharalph
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
I've not been able to upload for about 1 month, yesterday it denied entry.
There was a time (Around after the site crashed) that it wasn't allowing you to upload pictures into your space, but that had since been fixed.

Gayle
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
There is a photo gallery? :-)

Charles

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/

I was just looking at this the other day and thinking how many of the people with galleries no longer post here.

uscharalph
10-24-2005, 01:00 AM
I can't get in and I have some pictures stored there. As a matter of fact my signature picture is stored there.
Still can't get in.

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Well, when I moved servers, earlier this year, some of the gallery folders file attributes made them unaccessable to the users. It's not that great of a gallery program, it was being abused by some to host Ebay Images, so I never got around to fixing it. I always planned to implement a new gallery program, but that too has been delayed. The project right now is installing hardwood floors in the upstairs, according to wifey.

So, I did not take away the galleries that were already built, and I'm looking to implement a new gallery program. Any Suggestions for a program that runs on Linux?

Interceptor
10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
So, I did not take away the galleries that were already built, and I'm looking to implement a new gallery program. Any Suggestions for a program that runs on Linux?
Simple Picture Gallery Manager:
http://spgm.sourceforge.net/

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Cool, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Paul in NZ
10-25-2005, 03:35 PM
you are a champ Ed!

garretb
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
What are the rules for the username? When I put (what I thought) mine is, I get an error saying that it's not a valid user name. If I know what the rules are, I may be able to guess what I had used as a username.

uscharalph
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
What are the rules for the username? When I put (what I thought) mine is, I get an error saying that it's not a valid user name. If I know what the rules are, I may be able to guess what I had used as a username.
The site seems to be having problems. Did you already set up a gallery there?

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
No guys, forget the current Gallery. I'll set up a new gallery on Wednesday. I'll announce it when I'm done.

Thanks

uscharalph
10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
No guys, forget the current Gallery. I'll set up a new gallery on Wednesday. I'll announce it when I'm done.

Thanks
Well at least I don't have a lot set up there anyway.

tim
10-25-2005, 06:03 PM

Thanks

Thanks Ed. You're too good to us.

Interceptor
10-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks Ed. You're too good to us.
So let us be good to him and click that ad on top of the page every once in a while! :)

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Interceptor, you are the man. Thanks for reminding us to click on the Google Ads to help support the board.

And the Simple Picture Gallery Manager looks good. I'm starting on it now.

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Simple Picture Gallery Manager does not seem to manage users. So it does the gallery part but I have to manually create the directories and manually add the images. It does not have any automation component for users to be added, and for users to manage their own galleries online.

So I'm going to look for somoething else. Thanks for your help Interceptor.

Interceptor
10-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Simple Picture Gallery Manager does not seem to manage users. So it does the gallery part but I have to manually create the directories and manually add the images. It does not have any automation component for users to be added, and for users to manage their own galleries online.

So I'm going to look for somoething else. Thanks for your help Interceptor.
Well, try this site then:
http://www.scriptsearch.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Image_Galleries/

It has, like, zillion PHP image galleries with descriptions and ratings - you're bound to run into one that suits your (our?) needs.

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I just installed and tried this one:
http://www.bimmernut.com/vipergb/

I don't like it. I looked for a guest book style application that allowed for picture uploads. I've got some errands to run. I may get back to this later today hopefully.

I'm really looking for and Automobile Registry program. I want us to be able to list our rides, their model year detail, and pictures.

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I think I've got it, it's called Carview. Hold on to your thought's give me some time and I'll show you this. I actually have it installed already right here, but with mods. When you look at this, please don't post car images, as it's for my Crappie.com site:
http://www.crappie.com/classified/carview.php

Torque
10-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Ed, try the VbGarages -- it can be intergrated right into the board and can be accessed via the top menu.

More about it here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76163&page=1&pp=15

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Torque, you found it. Actually I bought vBPicGallery for $20. Figured you guys were worth it! lol I found it following Torque's link to the vBGarages sfwr. Thanks Torque. Now all I have to do is upgrade vB, then I can install it. So here I go, might do it tonight on here or Crappie.com