PDA

View Full Version : So I bought this car today.....and...UHMM.....

HDhandyman
10-20-2005, 08:18 PM
these are pics.

http://www.3jar.com/fiat/fiats.php?p=zagato

I know it's completely rediculous, but was 2500.00, completely rebuilt, rides like a dream, 17,000 miles, etc.

It's not your cup of tea, I'm sure, but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Am I banished? Or do you love it? It's a present for my wife--to replace her 73 super beeetle, which has become a permanent installation in the garage. Rides like an F***ing dream....I can't wait to see the look on her face.

We drove one on our last trip to Italy. Cruising down the Amalfi Coast.

I'm so excited guys, tell me what you think, you won't hurt my feelings!

ArtemLepilov
10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
That car is interestng looking.. its got the classic european look and all. Also - it does have the familiar 4 headlights look :D

If it drives like a dream.. its good.

-Artem

mikey535im
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
That car is interestng looking.. its got the classic european look and all. Also - it does have the familiar 4 headlights look :D

If it drives like a dream.. its good.

-Artem

That's cool , sibling to the X/19 ? Lancia has that Alfa Romeo look to it . I've always had a soft spot for the Scorpion (http://www.3jar.com/fiat/fiats.php?p=77scorp) . Thumbs up!

Mike

romus
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
i like it :)

HDhandyman
10-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I tell you, it's like the porsche of Fiat spiders!

Traian
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Cool car. Looks like the old rally Delta S4's from the front.

Gayle
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
My ex-boyfriend bought one new in the 80's. Silver and black. I LOVED THAT CAR!!!!!

The way the roof lifts off is awesome. Talk about fun to drive! We took it from Cleveland to Maine to Boston on a vacation and then I drove it back myself. It was more of a trucker's wet dream than my e30 convertible was. That car has real automotive sex appeal. It could be dangerous letting your wife have it.

About a year after they stopped importing them to the US, part back impossible to get. :( What is the parts situation now?

genphreak
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
these are pics.

http://www.3jar.com/fiat/fiats.php?p=zagato

I know it's completely rediculous, but was 2500.00, completely rebuilt, rides like a dream, 17,000 miles, etc.

It's not your cup of tea, I'm sure, but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Am I banished? Or do you love it? It's a present for my wife--to replace her 73 super beeetle, which has become a permanent installation in the garage. Rides like an F***ing dream....I can't wait to see the look on her face.

We drove one on our last trip to Italy. Cruising down the Amalfi Coast.

I'm so excited guys, tell me what you think, you won't hurt my feelings!That sure is a sweet little go-kart! Yea, the Lancia's are simple enough to keep going (more so than Alfas) and ones like that have the panache too. Good buy, it will be heaps of fun. Just watch the rust- I'd fish oil it all over to give it hte best chance of living as that russian steel makes them all bite the dust harder than most. SHe looks really well looked restored- that's always worth a heap of cash. :) Nick

mattyb
10-21-2005, 12:17 AM
very nice, looks like a lot of fun. she had wanna be happy with that

Incantation
10-21-2005, 03:03 AM
looks great dude

HDhandyman
10-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Wow,

I'm really glad you all feel as good about it as I do! Parts seems to be ok, my mechanic friend actually knows this car and has a source--told me not to worry.

Trucker's wet dream huh? Well, good thing my wife is incredibly attractive six foot blonde or I might have actually been worried for a sec.......*sighs and wipes sweat from fore head*

Cheers,

Stephen

Gayle
10-21-2005, 08:36 AM
You don't get what I mean by that remark. Certain cars make their drivers more attractive in the fantasies of other drivers. This is one. If you wife is already attractive, you should be worried.

HDhandyman
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
You didn't get my humor---I'll be careful Gayle, I promise. Thanks for the tip. BTW doing more research, this car seems to be really rare.

Gayle
10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
You didn't get my humor---I'll be careful Gayle, I promise. Thanks for the tip. BTW doing more research, this car seems to be really rare.

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet. I get it now.

dacoyote
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet. I get it now.

Coffee?

How about sleep... its only 7:30 there....

-Charles

dacoyote
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Nice Car..... I love the straight lines of older cars...

zygoteer
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
... I know it's completely rediculous ...... no you aren't ... nice classic

BobHarris
10-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Nice car, Can't believe there are any whole ones left. :D Must have been really well looked after. They have quite a reputation as rust buckets.

All the best

Bob

gtopaul
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Very cool car to drive, much like a Fiat. Problem was you could hear them rusting, much like a Fiat. ;-) Best to live in a dry area or somewhere where they don't salt the roads.

Paul

HDhandyman
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll keep that in mind when winter roles along. I'm not planning on this car being reliable--just something fun for us to do on sunny days!

Nick.Hay
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Wow, that sweet!!

This is the type that I'm used to seeing. A couple of local guys race one like this in Tarmac Rallies, Like Targa Tasmania.
http://www.bielstein.com/LANCIA/beta.jpg

Also seen a Beta Coupe used on the gravel down here too...