PDA

View Full Version : iPod hopeful

olsan100
10-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I know there are several people on here that are interested in getting an iPod connected through the factory stereo on the E34. I'm not sure if anyone has visited www.mp3yourcar.com but if more people sign up, we could maybe get "our" adapter sooner.

casurfer911
10-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I know there are several people on here that are interested in getting an iPod connected through the factory stereo on the E34. I'm not sure if anyone has visited www.mp3yourcar.com but if more people sign up, we could maybe get "our" adapter sooner.

just get a griffin smartdeck and hide the wire behind the face. Maybe hardwire a car charger if your into that type of thing. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/smartdeck/index.php

HDhandyman
10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
they seem to have a model already

olsan100
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
just get a griffin smartdeck and hide the wire behind the face. Maybe hardwire a car charger if your into that type of thing. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/smartdeck/index.php

How's the sound quality?

olsan100
10-20-2005, 02:39 PM
they seem to have a model already

I thought it seemed to say it was "coming soon" or you had to be on a waiting list and they would let you know when they had one ready.

uscharalph
10-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I thought it seemed to say it was "coming soon" or you had to be on a waiting list and they would let you know when they had one ready.
It said coming soon, but not for my '89 525i.

Cambridge
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I put my name in. I hope this comes through and they really offer a product. It would be a cruel joke for them to get our hopes up and not deliver... but, then, business is business. If they don't get the demand why ramp up the production.

olsan100
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I said e34, but only for the 92-95 e34's. Sorry to get your hopes up.

It would be nice to just have something that connects through that aux port/cd changer port in the back. Hopefully that would result in good sound quality as opposed to those transmitters and tape deck adapters.

HDhandyman
10-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Dude,

I'm in technologies, and take it from me, you can count on this mod becoming a reality. iPod gets bigger and bigger every day. Apple is just throwing money @ developers to take care of this sort of thing. They won't stop untill every car made in the last 20 has simple plug and play.

Now, what I will tell you is that most people seem to think that these mods--because they attach to the stereo, are of digital quality. This one @ least seems to be nothing more than a hard analog connection.

This weekend I'm gonna perform this mod --digital style--to my stock 93 bmw 525i.
If you guys would like, I can post a tutorial some place after---but, like your car, you can't be afraid to work on your stereo.

Until the weekend then..,
Stephen

olsan100
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
cool.. sounds good... go ahead and post something when you get it finished up, I would be interested in it.

Thanks.

Cambridge
10-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to your notes!

charlie
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I put my name in. I hope this comes through and they really offer a product. It would be a cruel joke for them to get our hopes up and not deliver... but, then, business is business. If they don't get the demand why ramp up the production.

what do you mean you 'put you name in'? I don't see where that was an option. i just saw the search

Cambridge
10-21-2005, 10:02 PM
what do you mean you 'put you name in'? I don't see where that was an option. i just saw the search
After you search for your model, you can add the future product to the cart.

Cambridge
10-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Dude,

I'm in technologies, and take it from me, you can count on this mod becoming a reality. iPod gets bigger and bigger every day. Apple is just throwing money @ developers to take care of this sort of thing. They won't stop untill every car made in the last 20 has simple plug and play.

Now, what I will tell you is that most people seem to think that these mods--because they attach to the stereo, are of digital quality. This one @ least seems to be nothing more than a hard analog connection.

This weekend I'm gonna perform this mod --digital style--to my stock 93 bmw 525i.
If you guys would like, I can post a tutorial some place after---but, like your car, you can't be afraid to work on your stereo.

Until the weekend then..,
Stephen

How did it go?

HDhandyman
10-28-2005, 07:33 PM
If my apology thread is to be of any signifigance--I think that I should probably stay away from posting the mod for a while. But, it went very well!--I'll put it up in a couple of weeks.

Cambridge
11-01-2005, 08:18 PM
... it went very well!--I'll put it up in a couple of weeks.

Great!

grease
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Just get an I-TRIP from griffin technology, ipod and itrip fit perfectly in the center console. No wires, no problem, no installation, no modification needed. easiest way possible and by far the least aggravating. It send an FM frequency into the antennae. Never had a problem.

Jay 535i
11-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Just get an I-TRIP from griffin technology, ipod and itrip fit perfectly in the center console. No wires, no problem, no installation, no modification needed. easiest way possible and by far the least aggravating. It send an FM frequency into the antennae. Never had a problem.

Except that everything sounds, at best, like FM radio, which isn't very good.

I have the iTrip, but prefer a tapedeck adapter, which sounds much better and is completely static-free.

digitaldragon03
11-02-2005, 01:29 AM
When my cd changer decided to go to crap i used a tape adapter and it worked fine. Then when i fixed the cd changer, i realized how much tape audio quality sucks. Ill jump onboard when they make one for the aux, and i get an ipod. lol.

uscharalph
11-02-2005, 02:24 AM
The sound quality isn't very good with anything like that.

Cambridge
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Hoping HDhandyman posts his set up. If it's straight forward it may give very good sound quality.