PDA

View Full Version : Put in BOSH +4 plugs last night

gsotis
10-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey guys, last night I put in some bosh +4 platnium plugs in my 530, and the engine diffently smothier and sounds better then before, but i did not really notice any other diffrences manily in power , this may be becuase my O2 sensors need to be replaced. Not to sure yet if there is any better gas millage, but I havent driven my car to much since i put them in, so ill update you guys later.

Greg.

Lennyz525i
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Ouch.. You might wanna do a quick search about bosch plats (+2 +4) etc.

632 Regal
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
yep, time to get some plain old stock bosh before you start having mysterious problems.

gsotis
10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
really? What kind of problems have people had with them? I heard they were good for BMW V8 engines

632 Regal
10-20-2005, 02:56 PM
by who? the salesman at the parts counter?

seriously there have been more than a few problems documented on this board with any aftermarket performance plugs. from slight miss to total missfire to other obscure issues and engine codes being thrown.

really? What kind of problems have people had with them? I heard they were good for BMW V8 engines

gsotis
10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
I read it on some guys 530i web site, who put them in his car

Mendozart
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
The PO had installed them in my car. I had no problems with them. I didn't notice till it was time for me to replace them. I didn't put them in again though.

Torque
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Are just regular Bosch Platinum (non +anything) bad as well ?

Cambridge
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
For my tune up I ordered a set and they seemed to work fine for a week or so, but then I started having power loss problems with fault codes getting set. I returned the plugs for a refund and bought the stock plugs instead. My problems went away.

I had high expectations for the +4 because they were platinum, had four grounds instead of two, and they cost a lot more. Unfortunately, I found in my case that the much cheaper stock plugs did a better job for less money.

I'm told that much of the problem revolves around the very tiny platinum electrode.

I hope you have better success than I did. Let us know how it goes.

Lennyz525i
10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Are just regular Bosch Platinum (non +anything) bad as well ?

The M20 engine doesn't like them. I installed a set of bosch plats just after I got my 525i, they looked really bad after 6K miles.

Torque
10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
The M20 engine doesn't like them. I installed a set of bosch plats just after I got my 525i, they looked really bad after 6K miles.Hm. The ones I pulled out when I replaced them were Plats too and they didnt look all that bad after at least 25k miles ... So far, about 5k on the new ones; we'll see how it goes.

winfred
10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
to quote bill r "thud thud thud" :D bosch platinum plugs in all of their forms suck in all but the cleanest engines, bosch gives parts places good incentives to push platinums so that's why they are everywhere, if you must have a platinum plug get a ngk, they are good but quite expensive. id say they are one of the worst plugs made on the other hand the bosch super and silver (old stuff uses them) are great plugs

Alexlind123
10-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I discovered that my car had ngk? platinum plugs in it when i bought it. I matched one of the plugs up with a chart i found online and it matched the "best" looking on the chart in forms on cleanliness, etc. I have been planning to replace them with regular plugs ever since i read something about it on this forum, but have never gotten around to it. This reminded me so i will probably be getting some soon.