PDA

View Full Version : M5 bumps off to the painter: decisions decisions

Elekta
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN2979.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN2978.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN2977.jpg

Covers are in pretty good shape, just a little sanding required on the lower lips.

Should I paint that little black rubber strip just above the skirt silver too? Paint the headlight washers silver too?

Not painting any of the rub strips.

Advice welcome

Rory525
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes you should paint the rubber strip at the bottoms of the doors... cars that came with the kit from factory like mine have these in body colour. Im not sure about the headlight washers though...

Your car looks really nice. Be sure to show it off to us when the bumpers are done :)

Don McAdams
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow- that will look bad ass when's done- I'd def. paint the lower trim same color as well-

Love the rim choice too..... ;)

DanDombrowski
10-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging you to spray the bumpers, and where are you located?

I desperately need a new rear bumper as mine has a crack in it. I was thinking of getting an M5 rear, but I don't know how that will look with a normal front bumper. So then I thought of getting both the front and the rear, but then that's getting expensive for a car thats only worth about 4k, plus theres the painting cost too.

Elekta
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Haven't talked price yet, but I believe $100-150 per, maybe $350 all in.

Thanks for the feedback. There was a white M5 narrow grill in his shop getting his mirrors resprayed and the rubber strip above the skirt was white also.

Am thinking painting the washers silver also...don't need the contrast there. I am considering painting the kidney chrome diamont schwarts also. I do have an extra center kidney to experiment with luckily.

Getting real stoked

Maybe this time next week it'll be on, and then some new pics will be in order.

I am totally digging my t-stars in the contrasting color and higly recommend that for anyone else with stars.

end

uscharalph
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback. There was a white M5 narrow grill in his shop getting his mirrors resprayed and the rubber strip above the skirt was white also.

Am thinking painting the washers silver also...don't need the contrast there. I am considering painting the kidney chrome diamont schwarts also. I do have an extra center kidney to experiment with luckily.

Getting real stoked

I am totally digging my t-stars in the contrasting color and higly recommend that for anyone else with stars.

end
Can wait to see the pictures.

Phil Sanderson
10-20-2005, 05:05 PM
...can't wait to see the finished photos. It'll look as good as Brodee's does, or better in silver (I like silver).
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/6683/dcp1171b2ry.jpg
regards
Phil

Springfield1952
10-20-2005, 07:00 PM

Getting real stoked

end

What is the color combination for the T-Stars? I've thought about doing something for the M5 and the contrasting color looks good.

Curt.

McWatters
10-20-2005, 07:32 PM
whered u get them bumpers????
ur super wagon will look pretty dam good.
cheers

J.McWatters

Paul in NZ
10-21-2005, 02:16 AM
my washers are black but with a black car thats not a biggy,i would paint em the bumper colour,the rubbing strip will provide enough contrast

Elekta
10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
my washers are black but with a black car thats not a biggy,i would paint em the bumper colour,the rubbing strip will provide enough contrast

I agree.

thanks,

geoff

sdwhitney
10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
I love those t-stars. Adding that contrast is huge.

Amazing, a wheel that can look 3 different ways, you just added a 4th.

Great job!