PDA

View Full Version : what should I expect from my ride?

HDhandyman
10-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I love this car. I mean I've never stolen away late @ night from the comfort of my home, just to go for a ride, untill now. But, I'm experiencing new sensations from the car that I haven't really experienced before in other cars, probably because I've never owned European. I've noticed that the car reverberates when slowing down, and sometimes on a turn at faster speeds, I hear a sound that sounds like *thinks to himeself what is the bestway to describe it* the cry of 1000 crickets. I'm sure the turning sound is not normal, and I 'm also positive that it's not the belts because I changed them yesterday and had my mechanic check out the car today.--So, taking suggestions on the sound of 1000 crickets while turning (sometimes, and subtle) and the reverberation while braking. Also, my check engine code registers perfect.

thanks,

Stephen

ArtemLepilov
10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey - I get a sound when i turn... well maybe not the way you described it. basically the only way to say it is i can hear the engine when I turn on a fast speed, i always wondered if it was normal or not.

-Artem

Alexlind123
10-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Might be way off, but my car made a horrible screeching noise of metal on metal over bumps. I guessed almost immediatly that it was the heat (water?) shields hitting the rotors, which it was. You might want to check this.

HDhandyman
10-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Alex, how can I check and repair this?

azale
10-20-2005, 07:48 AM
To check the shields, take the front tires off and check to see if there is room between your brake rotors and the big, thin, flimsy heat shields. Then, turn the tires (all the way) in each direction and recheck.

They are made of thin metal and can bend almost without reason.