PDA

View Full Version : Finished my first job!

HDhandyman
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
It's probably a thing of little consequence to anyone, but since I come off sounding so stupid all the time I thought I'd let you guys know that I finished my first repair today. Today, with the help of my tools and Bentley, I successfully installed a new oxygen sensor and belts, and managed to do away with check engine codes. "That's one small step for you guys, one giant leap for HD-kind". THANKS for all your help!--Stephen

Chris'91'525i
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE= Today, with the help of my tools and Bentley, I successfully installed a new oxygen sensor and belts, and managed to do away with check engine codes. "That's one small step for you guys, one giant leap for HD-kind". THANKS for all your help!--Stephen[/QUOTE]

Nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done. And by your own hands no less.
Feels good...don't it ?

Kalevera
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Excellent, Stephen. Congratulations. There's nothing like the feeling of knowing you can do it -- and that you did it -- yourself (and don't need some pompous ******* like me to do it for you ;) )

best, whit

Guapo
10-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Well done :)

I too am learning to love working on this car. Coming from an intense familiarity with a car that is extremely difficult to work on, the E34 is a pure joy.

uscharalph
10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
It's probably a thing of little consequence to anyone, but since I come off sounding so stupid all the time I thought I'd let you guys know that I finished my first repair today. Today, with the help of my tools and Bentley, I successfully installed a new oxygen sensor and belts, and managed to do away with check engine codes. "That's one small step for you guys, one giant leap for HD-kind". THANKS for all your help!--Stephen
Congrats!!

Incantation
10-19-2005, 01:06 AM
way to go dude.. labour of love

ericcamaro
10-19-2005, 01:10 AM
SWEET!!! it seems like just yesterday I was just starting auto repairs and now I am confident enough to tackle anything my bimmer can throw at me. those O2s are a real hassel hope you didnt have to drop the exhaust.