PDA

View Full Version : Heated rear window died on me ...

NielsGalan
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Any clues?

Possible relation to the problem:
Some time ago I re-wired the heated window washer nozzles. Wires had been cut for some reason by p.o. (perhaps because the clear coat around them has been damaged by the heat???). I reconnected them, and now I know they still don't work. Wether these things are related I have no idea. I disconeected the wires again, but the window heat is still dead.

I have checked the fuses.

And it is becoming that time of year when the window heat is really useful ...

Thanks for any info.

Niels.

zygoteer
10-17-2005, 04:29 PM
I thought the heat only came on below 3degC

NielsGalan
10-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I've been checking the side mirrors recently (to figure out wether the heated nozzles work) and the mirrors are definetly hot and nozzles not. Temperature around here is around 8-10 degrees Celcius.

When I (try to) turn on the heated window the light comes on like always, but the fog on the window stays. I usually always can hear a slight surge of power to the blowers when I turn on the window heat, revealing that something is on, eating electricity ... Now though nothing happens.

uscharalph
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I've been checking the side mirrors recently (to figure out wether the heated nozzles work) and the mirrors are definetly hot and nozzles not. Temperature around here is around 8-10 degrees Celcius.

When I (try to) turn on the heated window the light comes on like always, but the fog on the window stays. I usually always can hear a slight surge of power to the blowers when I turn on the window heat, revealing that something is on, eating electricity ... Now though nothing happens.
Are you talking about the rear window de-fogger?

NielsGalan
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
De-fogger yes.

NielsGalan
10-18-2005, 09:30 AM
- Cough! - :d