PDA

View Full Version : Please help me price my 535im

hamada
10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
well..after 4 years of joy, it is finally time to sell my 535im. I put so much money and time in this car. I am selling because I can't afford 2 bimmers and I have more responsibilities now :( I hate to let her go, but here is the scoop. I know modding doesnt do much. I have all recipts for all work done (mostly by bimmers clinic in Reseda, Cali) It is a very well known shop here in southern cali www.bimmersclinicinc.com
The last time the car was there I spend $3600 taking the engine apart and resurfacing everything.
The list:
535im
E34
Shwartz Black in and out (paint is fair condition probably a polish wouuld be nice)
Mods:
JC chip
Racing King MAF Conversion
UUC short shifter
B&B Tri flo (the quite one)
E28 clutch and flywheel
Mustang 19lbs injectors
Bilstein sports with Bavauto springs
Dinan Adjustable sways
Hartge strut brace
Smoked all around
Euro bumper trim
Sony in dash cd player with mb quarts in the front
Limo tint in the rears and 35% in the front
M5 replicas (in so so shape)
Mtech2 Steering wheel
rear subframe bushing/dog bones/front wheel hub/guibo/shock mounts/motor mounts/tranny mounts/10k on clutch/new front brake job/new rear tires/70% left on front tires ..there may be other things that I dont recall.

Pics from last year - the splitters are gone and the grill is shadow line now. I can take updated pics when the weather gets better here (rainy now)
pics (http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_WFghLHn3yyxFG8SmhCeKJYLQgI+3pI6qjpGtqW834Dg =)
A pic of the engine bay after bimmersclinic did the last job ( almost 2 years ago)..this was before I added Brunos MAF conversion.engine bay (http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_WFghLHn3yyzZ8Tm+lDYk6FS7yh8WDM+p)

what are the issues?
Tranny is making some kind of noise so yes it is safe to say that it needs to be replaced. and the title is salvage . There was a hit in the rear left side of the car. The Car has 189k on the clock. Located in Los Angeles.
How much should I ask for. I am open to opinions...
I am willing to sell this car fast. I would appreciate your input as I am getting tired of sleeping on the couch.

Thanks
Mido

Qube
10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
It would put it about $6000 CAD.

uscharalph
10-17-2005, 04:55 PM
well..after 4 years of joy, it is finally time to sell my 535im. I put so much money and time in this car. I am selling because I can't afford 2 bimmers and I have more responsibilities now :( I hate to let her go, but here is the scoop. I know modding doesnt do much. I have all recipts for all work done (mostly by bimmers clinic in Reseda, Cali) It is a very well known shop here in southern cali www.bimmersclinicinc.com
The last time the car was there I spend $3600 taking the engine apart and resurfacing everything.
The list:
535im
E34
Shwartz Black in and out (paint is fair condition probably a polish wouuld be nice)
Mods:
JC chip
Racing King MAF Conversion
UUC short shifter
B&B Tri flo (the quite one)
E28 clutch and flywheel
Mustang 19lbs injectors
Bilstein sports with Bavauto springs
Dinan Adjustable sways
Hartge strut brace
Smoked all around
Euro bumper trim
Sony in dash cd player with mb quarts in the front
Limo tint in the rears and 35% in the front
M5 replicas (in so so shape)
Mtech2 Steering wheel
rear subframe bushing/dog bones/front wheel hub/guibo/shock mounts/motor mounts/tranny mounts/10k on clutch ..there may be other things that I dont recall.

what are the issues?
Tranny is making some kind of noise so yes it is safe to say that it needs to be replaced. and the title is salvage . There was a hit in the rear left side of the car. The Car has 189k on the clock. Located in Los Angeles.
How much should I ask for. I am open to opinions...
I am willing to sell this car fast. I would appreciate your input as I am getting tired of sleeping on the couch.

Thanks
Mido
How about some pictures to get a better idea about pricing.

632 Regal
10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi Mido,
basing things on the $10k (US) rule you subtract from there.

paint so-so -1-2000 mattering in actual condition
trans - ???
salvage title - 1-2000
accident - ? matters on how well it was repaired may be nothing to subtract

plus sides are the mods, you have some cool stuff going on that might make up for some of the down sides.

as in maintenance to keep my car in the 8k range i spent $5342 in 2.5 years...just to maintain.

hamada
10-18-2005, 07:59 AM
How about some pictures to get a better idea about pricing.
pics added not updated but you get the idea..

bahnstormer
10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
depends who u sell to

if u sell to someone in the know you can charge 7-8 USD
if u sell to some who just wants a "bmw" then they wont
give u more than KBB

Gayle
10-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I am probably blind, but I don't see where you say the mileage.

We just sold a 90 525m with 200,000 miles with no mods for $4600. We asked $4900. We didn't have much luck on auto trader because people freaked over the mileage. I think you will have the same issue with salvage title.

I think you need to find a future enthusiast who doesn't have a car yet. The way we sold ours was cleaned it up nice and put it out on a heavily travelled street unlocked during the day so people could get in and sit down. Wrote up a long brochure helping people understand the niche that the car fills and why they should buy it. We ended up with multiple people wanting it.

Private message me with your email and I will send you our "sales literature".