PDA

View Full Version : can any non-mechanics tell me how long the oil canister gasket...

ryan roopnarine
10-17-2005, 08:03 AM
on an m50 took to change for them? i know that winfred talks about how many of them he has to change (&c.), but im wondering how much time it would take a regular schmuck to change it out. im getting a recurring pool (about 1 mL) of oil in one of the canister assembly nooks, so im guessing that that is the likely culprit. im guessing alternator and PS pump need to be moved to do it. how long do those take? TIA.

billb
10-17-2005, 08:11 AM
on an m50 took to change for them? i know that winfred talks about how many of them he has to change (&c.), but im wondering how much time it would take a regular schmuck to change it out. im getting a recurring pool (about 1 mL) of oil in one of the canister assembly nooks, so im guessing that that is the likely culprit. im guessing alternator and PS pump need to be moved to do it. how long do those take? TIA.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=11_1288&hg=11&fg=30

That one wasn't too bad. Is item 8 in the attached your likely culprit? I'll look in the TIS tonight and see if anything jumps out at me. I'll be alternator and PS pump, as you suggest, but I just can't remember.

ryan roopnarine
10-17-2005, 08:13 AM
yeah its no 8. that picture is for the vanos though (not that it makes any difference in the gasket). how was the job?