PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

BM-BOY
10-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey guys,

Bit of a strange one this... A while ago, I posted a problem about my power steering fluid dissapearing... Well I haven't fixed it yet - I have just been buying more, and topping it up, as I can't afford to fix the problem till the end of the month (pay day!).

Well I just checked the level, and it hasn't gone down since I last checked - 2 weeks ago. This is strange, because I was having to top it up once a week before. Anyone know why it would stop leaking?

632 Regal
10-17-2005, 10:45 AM
do you have self leveling suspension? If so maybe there was an air pocket somewhere.

Hey guys,

Bit of a strange one this... A while ago, I posted a problem about my power steering fluid dissapearing... Well I haven't fixed it yet - I have just been buying more, and topping it up, as I can't afford to fix the problem till the end of the month (pay day!).

Well I just checked the level, and it hasn't gone down since I last checked - 2 weeks ago. This is strange, because I was having to top it up once a week before. Anyone know why it would stop leaking?

BM-BOY
10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I have to use CHF fluid. So you recon it could have just had air in the system somewhere...

radarjeremy
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Ahh the self leveling suspension. The bane of my 525it. It will be gone soon.

632 Regal
10-17-2005, 05:42 PM
mine uses chf-11 and i dont have the self leveling option.

Yeah, I have to use CHF fluid. So you recon it could have just had air in the system somewhere...

BM-BOY
10-18-2005, 01:11 AM
mine uses chf-11 and i dont have the self leveling option
Hmm. I thought if it uses ATF, it doesn't have self levelling, and if it uses CHF 7.1/11, then it does... I'm probably wrong... Oh well, I think I'll just monitor it for a while, see if anymore disappears...

granit_silber
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Hmm. I thought if it uses ATF, it doesn't have self levelling, and if it uses CHF 7.1/11, then it does... I'm probably wrong... Oh well, I think I'll just monitor it for a while, see if anymore disappears...
Mine says "ATF" on the reservior (spelling sucks!), but I sometimes get a "self-leveling" check control message.
-ashley