PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers ?

airhead
10-17-2005, 02:52 AM
Help i trying to find a coil over kit for my m5 e34,has anyone got any idears for me as i need to up grade due to track days and need to get the car handling right as its a little soft at the moment....... :(

BigKriss
10-17-2005, 04:58 AM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10974&highlight=coilovers

They are rare, but not impossible to acquire.

zygoteer
10-17-2005, 11:58 AM
in UK coilovers are easy to get ... quite a few home and foreign suppliers (too many = confusion I have found)

All you need is :
1. Specify max load, spring rate, travel, fitted length max/min, damping ratio, rebound ratio, and with some manufacturers the end fittings top and bottom, if they deviate from common production cars over the last 25 years.
2. If end fittings aren't specifiable then you need to make up your own strong enough mounting points - awkward but not impossible.

Anton CH.
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Personally I would never put GC "coil overs" on my car. The only real choice is either FK or KW. I'd go with KW. They are about 1500. The only reason why you need coilovers is if you need to change ride height. If you just want a firmer setup then a cheaper alternative is just to buy a firmer spring.

uscharalph
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
"in UK coilovers are easy to get ... quite a few home and foreign suppliers (too many = confusion I have found)"

When I first read that, I heard Yoda from Star Wars saying it. LOL!!!

zygoteer
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
just call me zygoteerONEkenObi