10-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone.

romus
10-16-2005, 03:53 PM
hi to you too

hope i helped :)

Bimminator
10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone. Just finished a bunch of work in the last three weeks, tranny swap, gas tank repair, rear shocks, delrin sub frame plates, control arms and thrust arms. While my tank was out being repaired(was leaking)my indy mentioned that the sender was apart? and that he put it back together but be prepared to replace it soon. Well since I got the car back the fuel gauge has been stuck on half. I read the article on Johan's page so will be pulling it out soon to attempt to clean the wires etc. But I think for insurance I will try to get another from a wrecker to have incase mine is beyond repair. Does anyone know what BMW models have compatible sender units, and from what year etc. For example, can I use a sender unit from any e34 from 90-96? Thanks again to Bruno for the tranny and all the front end and rear shock work. The front end feels super tight now and the 80 plus kmph vibration is gone.

Kalevera
10-16-2005, 05:18 PM
The float in the sender can get stuck, which is probably why the gauge is reading what it is. It's common for them to get damaged with the gas tank.

The sender should be the same between E32/E34 cars. The V12 ones might be different to accomodate the two pumps; all others have one pump. What is different is the pump carrier, but you don't have to deal with that, anyway.

Check www.realoem.com to confirm part fitment.

best, whit

romus
10-16-2005, 07:41 PM
now, lowell, where were u with this site a week ago?? :) Great diagrams!

Thanks for this one, dude.

Bimminator
10-16-2005, 08:45 PM
The float in the sender can get stuck, which is probably why the gauge is reading what it is. It's common for them to get damaged with the gas tank.

The sender should be the same between E32/E34 cars. The V12 ones might be different to accomodate the two pumps; all others have one pump. What is different is the pump carrier, but you don't have to deal with that, anyway.

Check www.realoem.com to confirm part fitment.

best, whit
Thanks lowell, I was hoping the same sender would be used in the various e34 and e32 models.

Bimminator
10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
hi to you too

hope i helped :)I'm not sure what I did there, sorry???

Kalevera
10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
For what it's worth, that site has been online for at least a year and is consistently mentioned and referenced here. It's an online "port" of an older version of BMW's ETK software.

best, whit

Rigmaster
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
There are a couple of different senders used on E34's, at least 2.

I don't know the specifics, but I know I sent someone on the board an early ('89) sender, and it did not work in his later (~'94-95) 525i......I got him one from a '95 and it worked fine.

Seems like there are different fuel tanks in the early vs. late cars....

Bret.