PDA

View Full Version : The 3.7 scoots along...

Jeff N.
10-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Getting some miles on the 3.7 M30. Not too bad - not too bad at all. Still wish I had a bit more of a torquer cam (Martin seems to think it's OK).

Car really moves when you get it on cam and run it thru the gears. Just came back from visiting a friend and let it unwind a bit - definately has a grin factor to it.

The G-tech is acting strange these days. Need to see what's up and try to get a good pull and see what it reads.

Jeff

Kalevera
10-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Jeff, how about some videos/audio clips of it? I'd love to hear it.

Best, whit

BigKriss
10-16-2005, 02:04 AM
It sounds awesome Jeff, keep us posted.

Jeff N.
10-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Maybe the Martinator has a cam we can use.

Candidly, it has a bit of a different note in the cabin - intake sounds more throaty - but still pretty stock sounding. Still using the stock intake and exhaust.

Still..that would be a fun project - let me see what I can do.

Jeff, how about some videos/audio clips of it? I'd love to hear it.

Best, whit

Martin in Bellevue
10-16-2005, 10:02 AM

What I don't have is webspace for a movie. I can't even get pictures uploaded to the bimmer gallery these days.
Pour me.

Kalevera
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Ed's given me ~20mb on the server; I know Jeff Bidoli and Bill also have space. Email it to me and I'll upload it.

Best, whit

bahnstormer
10-16-2005, 01:37 PM
20mb is gonna be a short/small film

i'll host if ya need it

Bill R.
10-16-2005, 02:16 PM
2 mb ,since everytime i get more than about 9 pics in there it gives me the disc space exceeded warning.

Ed's given me ~20mb on the server; I know Jeff Bidoli and Bill also have space. Email it to me and I'll upload it.

Best, whit

Martin in Bellevue
10-16-2005, 04:24 PM
?? I do still have that stock cam from my car, but where's the top end?
I'd suggest a schrick 284, or even the ireland 284 regrind; it has loads of torque where ya want it.
On another note, I've fattened up that original, smooth map curve for a nice peppy ride about town. We should race.