PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations from a stop??

E34 530
10-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey guys. I finally got my car back from the tire place (they put in a new gas tank) and everything semmed to be fine. Two days later, I am driving around and all of a sudden the car starts to vibrate when the rpm's hit around 1500-2000. When I take my foot of the gas, the shaking and vibrations immedialtey stop and usually don't happen again unless I stop at a light or stop sign and accelerate from the stop. Is there any way that the place screwed something up when they put in the new gas tank?? I was thinking it could be the tranny mounts, but I'm just taking a stab. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Andrew

632 Regal
10-15-2005, 04:18 PM
have yout guibo inspected, check the u joints and cv joints. If the trans and motor mounts are getting bad it could but a bad angle on the driveshaft contributing to the vibration. I would call it a day with that shop even if they caused something else to go wrong.

Mobius
10-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Guibo or driveshaft u-joints.

It'll be easy to tell, a Guibo that makes this much shaking will be very visibily damaged. :)

E34 530
10-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty sure its not my guibo because I just got that replaced in July, but I'm not 100% sure until i can get under the car and look. Sadly, the idea of a 3-series is slowly creeping into my head :(

632 Regal
10-15-2005, 11:25 PM
bad shop does not equal new series car.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty sure its not my guibo because I just got that replaced in July, but I'm not 100% sure until i can get under the car and look. Sadly, the idea of a 3-series is slowly creeping into my head :(

uscharalph
10-16-2005, 12:26 AM
I'll stick with my E34.

Kalevera
10-16-2005, 12:56 AM
the idea of a 3-series is slowly creeping into my head :(

If you have some extra money sitting around that you're not planning on using, can you send it over to me? :D

best, whit

E34 530
10-16-2005, 11:37 AM
If you have some extra money sitting around that you're not planning on using, can you send it over to me? :D

best, whit

Haha if I have any laying around after fixing this problem, the radiator, lowering springs, maybe some new rims, fixing my dads smashed truck, m tech side-skirts, front and rear bumper spoilers, maybe I'll give you a call.

E34 530
10-16-2005, 11:41 AM
bad shop does not equal new series car.

I don't think the shop caused the problem. I'm just saying that the car has had a lot of problems recently and at 17, I can't keep up with them all. When I finally start to enjoy the car and am ready to buy something for it to make it look better, something always sets me back by having to replace something that broke. It probably won't happen, but I've been looking around at some e36 and e46 328's maybe an older M3. I want a stick sooo bad!!