PDA

View Full Version : E39 Style 29's on a 525iT?

Rigmaster
10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Guys,

my 525iT is due for new tires, it's currently got the 15" Bottlecap wheels, 2 of which I think are bent. I have a set of 3 17x8" M Parallel replicas that look pretty decent, with good tires on them. Problem is, I can't find a 4th that looks the same. Wheel Exchange sells some that are pretty close, and they are about 30 minutes from my house too!!

I have a line on a set of Style 29 E39 wheels (15") that look VERY nice, which I might be able to get fairly cheap. The way I understand it, I can run these on my E34 with nothing more than hubcentric rings- correct??

If anyone knows of any place to look for 1 or 2 17x8" M Parallel wheels with an ET20 offset- please let me know. They look similar to the "styling 65 M Parallelspeiche II" wheel on this page:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

The only difference is that the wheels I have don't have a raised portion like those in the picture have on the smaller "spokes", towards the center- they are flush with the center. And, my wheels don't have the //M emblem on them. I really like the way these wheels look, and they fit properly on the car, so I would like to find one to match the 3 I already own!!! FWIW, the replica wheels WheelExchange currently sells look almost exactly like those in the link- I think they are less than $600 per set (plus shipping).

Bret