PDA

View Full Version : What paint matches black rocker panels

Gooch
10-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Looking to paint my 1994 black rocker panels. They don't look like flat black or gloss black. And I'd like them to match the bumpers. Anyone have experience with a specific color and brand of spray paint? I'm thinking maybe a flat black with a coat of clear satin.

Thanks.

Gooch
10-15-2005, 08:11 AM
thought I has it the first time.

Pwr2spare
10-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I used Dupli-Color bumper paint. It has a satin finish and has great adhersion, so that you don't have to prime the surface. Painted the lower part of the rear bumper and rocker panels and it still looks great.

Dash01
10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I think I used charcoal grey Duplicolor spray as goes with Honda's dark grey color in the Duplicolor paint book. Works great.

uscharalph
10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I think I used charcoal grey Duplicolor spray as goes with Honda's dark grey color in the Duplicolor paint book. Works great.
Honda? charcoal grey? Are we talking about the same thing?

632 Regal
10-17-2005, 05:41 PM
i used some crappy duplicolor black and when it was dry I dusted it for the "stocker" look...lol

actually you cant tell unless you know where and get really close to it. The stock paint has some sort of flexing agent in it that gives it the orange peel look and dont chip. Regular paints will get that sandblasted look after a while.

Dash01
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Yep. I tried some black stuff, but it was actually blacker than the stock color, so rummaged around til I found some charcoal grey stuff that matched the rocker panels on the car. After it dried, I sprayed it with SEM Chip Guard in clear, which is urethane and designed to resist rock chips and sandblasting. ~18 months and ~25,000 miles later, it's holding up very well and looks brand new.

Honda? charcoal grey? Are we talking about the same thing?