PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Used Factory Spray Paint?

onewhippedpuppy
10-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Anybody used it? I want to paint my moldings, since there's already paint on them from the POs sub par paint job masking. Obviously my paint isn't perfect, if I sand before and between coats, and clear it, would they turn out ok? Hell, if I get a little orange peel it would match the body. My car was repainted in '01 in the factory color, so I would think it would be close color wise.

onewhippedpuppy
10-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Anybody?

Dave M
10-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Maybe if we kkeep it up here long enough someone will help you. I just wanna know where to get factory in aerosol.

Selfish Dave

brodee
10-15-2005, 06:17 AM
I just bought factory matched rattle cans from PaintScratch.com (http://www.paintscratch.com/) for my e30. I'm going to paint my lip, spoiler and side skirts with it.

onewhippedpuppy
10-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I knew about paintscratch, I thought I was told that the dealership sold spray touch up as well.

Rigmaster
10-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I knew about paintscratch, I thought I was told that the dealership sold spray touch up as well.

I was under the impression that BMW, being the "green" company that they are, did not sell any aerosol paints.

I spoke to a guy at the local paint + body supply specialty store, they can mix up paint in small quantities to match based on the BMW color code. He said a spray can would be ~$40 or so, but they can also do pints + quarts. I was thinking of borrowing a small professional airbrush that my dad has, and just getting 1 pt of Islandgrun and 1 pt of AlpineWeiss to fix the small areas on the wife's 535i and my 525iT.

There was a guy on Bimmerforums who was selling small touch-up bottles of Glasurit BMW colors pretty cheap, and I seem to remember he was willing to do Pints as well. I'll see if I can find the contact info....

I'm with Dave_M, if anyone has any other suggestions, post them up here. This can be the "Official cheap bastard paint touch-up thread"!! :)

Bret

liquidtiger720
10-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Great idea guys.

I think I might paint my sideskirts, mirrors, and bottom of front bumper over. :)