PDA

View Full Version : What happened Top Gear

93-525i
10-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone know what happend to the TOP GEAR show that was on the Discovery Channell? It seem sto have ben replaced by a bunch of guys in wheelchairs trying to go through a forest? Has TOP GEAR been moved or completely dropped?

winfred
10-14-2005, 06:47 PM
i guess the brass at disco thinks gimps around the world is more interesting, i don't agree

onewhippedpuppy
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I noticed that too, it pissed me off. Not scheduled next week either.

Paul in NZ
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
comes and goes as each years series finishes,gone off here too

Qsilver7
10-15-2005, 02:00 AM
this years TV season is over...to get your Top Gear jollies...you can subscribe to the magazine...or go to their website: http://www.topgear.com/ where you can click on "select Clarkson cuts" (see Clarkson section on web page) or other video clips...until the next TV season airs. :D

onewhippedpuppy
10-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Ours was different than the BBC one though, Discovery channel was showing stuff from the season before, and it was all kind of cut and pasted together from different episodes. Even the hosting was filmed just for America, and it was shortened for commercials. All in all, it was kind of watered down compared to the real one that I've been downloading, but still by far the best US car show on TV.

ryan roopnarine
10-15-2005, 07:10 AM
its been completely removed from the lineup. some guy from fark.com cut and pasted his email to discovery, which said that they would no longer be carrying it.

onewhippedpuppy
10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Bastards! That's the only show that I actually planned on watching every week, guess I have to go back to downloading them. Now we're back to watching the brown nosing shows on Speed and Spike on Sat mornings, where either they just kiss ass for an entire episode, or annoy you to death. I swear, I've seen videos by high schoolers that have higher production quality and acting than those shows.

bahnstormer
10-15-2005, 09:05 AM
the top gear on disco channel sucked
it was old cars, old eps and they were
converted to "american" english...sooo
stupid

anyway the new season of top gear is
coming up in nov and u can get all the
latest new and stuff

www.finalgear.com

torrents of the eps will be released, and
they will be posted on mininova and such

so u can keep an eye out on finalgear.com
and then DL the episodes off of mininova

dternst
10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Discovery only purchased a limited numberof shows to determine the success of the show here in the States. The number of shows purchase has expired. From the Discovery Channel, "Top Gear will return next season with a few added twists".