PDA

View Full Version : Reverse mirror tilt

mzarifkar
10-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I dont know if i read this in the BMW manual, or bentley's but somewhere it says that when i shift to reverse, the mirrors angle down to aid in parking. i havea '95 525, is this an option or is mine broken?

Kalevera
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Requires memory seats, with the adjustment switch selecting the driver's mirror.

best, whit

callen
10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Not worth it anyway....keep it turned off on my 7. Need to see to the side not at the ground when I back up....know where my right rear wheel is anyway.

sdwhitney
10-14-2005, 10:05 AM
I hate mine as well, only useful when I am backing into a parking spot with a curb next to me. Otherwise, I need to see higher, and end up raising the mirror anyway.

Your not missing a thing.

onewhippedpuppy
10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
How do you turn it off? It drives me nuts.

callen
10-14-2005, 10:20 AM
yea I posted same exact question week or so ago as it drove me nuts as well when reversing into garage.....just position switch for mirror adjustment to pass side and it will stop. Or is it drivers side...one of the two. (-;

rockyfeller
10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Personally I love the tilt feature. I keep my passenger mirror a couple degrees higher so when it tilts it's not so extreme.....If you keep the power mirror selector switch to the passenger side the tilt will be "off". If you put the power mirror selector switch to the driver side the tilt function is "on". If it dosen't tilt when you click reverse either it's broke or you don't got the feature.

onewhippedpuppy
10-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Good to know, thanks. Mine quits working when my seat blows a fuse, it kills the drivers seat and both power mirrors. No doubt all the memory stuff is on one circuit.