PDA

View Full Version : Keys locked in the car

makaio
10-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Somehow my central locking locked the doors on my e30 with the keys in the center console. The worst part is, I usually leave the windows down when it's parked in the garage, and this time I was in a hurry and didn't.

Anyways, will a regular "slim-Jim" tool open the car up? If not any sugestions? I really don't feel like popping one of the rear windows to get in.

uscharalph
10-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Somehow my central locking locked the doors on my e30 with the keys in the center console. The worst part is, I usually leave the windows down when it's parked in the garage, and this time I was in a hurry and didn't.

Anyways, will a regular "slim-Jim" tool open the car up? If not any sugestions? I really don't feel like popping one of the rear windows to get in.
You don't have a spare?

makaio
10-17-2005, 08:55 PM
No spare for the 325.

I've been gone at work, so tomorrow I'm calling the tow company to have them come and try and unlock it.

kyleN20
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM

CALL THE POLICE they usually do it for me or whenver my friends have that happen

shogun
10-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Call a locksmith, he will do it in 5 minutes max.
I recently have seen another 3 series Cabrio. He stopped right in front of the exit of our car parking, switched car off, put the keys on the console to pick up something from the building. The only mistake he made was, that he left his 2 dogs in the car. They jumped around and pushed down the button for locking.
And then I had a problem because I could not leave the garage.
So I helped him. We used a long thin but solid iron rod (welding rod) and made a small hook on the tip. Then we bended the upper door edge/window as much as possible outside (the professionals use an inflatable ballon for this), and thru this slot we were able to fish the key out.
Lesson learned: never leave a key in the car when the dog(s) are in the car.