PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Power Steering Fluid - Canadian Tire?

Qube
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Well it's been a few days and I've been getting the usual creaks associated with low PS fluid. Funny I only feel it with hard braking or harsh right turns (not left). Anyway... pull of the ZF cap and the fluid doesn't even touch the lowest notch on the stick!

Any power steering fluid compatible I can get at Canadian Tire, or to the dealer?

I need ZF... not ATF or whatever else ;) The dealer wants $23CAD a litre.

Perhaps I'll check out PartsSource

SharkmanBMW
10-13-2005, 03:32 PM
it should say on the cap of your reservoir what type you need...

crappy tire MAY have it, but I would go to an autoparts store or dealer and be sure you have the right stuff.
For mine, if you put the wrong type, it gets f0cked

Qube
10-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Updated post.

SharkmanBMW
10-13-2005, 03:49 PM
but you need 7 or 11s or something ....
that is what I meant by the right stuff

632 Regal
10-13-2005, 07:02 PM
you need CH (insert number from cap). You should be able to get it at any import car parts place or your auto store of choice.

Well it's been a few days and I've been getting the usual creaks associated with low PS fluid. Funny I only feel it with hard braking or harsh right turns (not left). Anyway... pull of the ZF cap and the fluid doesn't even touch the lowest notch on the stick!

Any power steering fluid compatible I can get at Canadian Tire, or to the dealer?

I need ZF... not ATF or whatever else ;) The dealer wants $23CAD a litre.

Perhaps I'll check out PartsSource

Qube
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Funny thing. I scratched the dirt off the oil cap and it said ATF OIL ONLY :) A litre of Dex III is only $3.

632 Regal
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
this might be worth looking into.

Funny thing. I scratched the dirt off the oil cap and it said ATF OIL ONLY :) A litre of Dex III is only $3.