PDA

View Full Version : strong Fuel Smell in car

jmr898
10-13-2005, 07:42 AM
undefinedundefinedI have a 1995 525i that went through emmissions about a month ago and passed with Flying colors. have only driven about 300 miles since then but today I started up the car and we went about 2 miles and felt so sick of the smell, ( kinda smelled like gas/ engine brite cleaner) ( haven't used engine britein abaout 6 months) I had a leak right by the fuel rail before but it was fixed. I turned on the heat, but can't tell if it's mainly because the heat was turned on , because by the time I got home and was checking around i had the smell stuck on me so i couldn't tell, plus it started to rain so saw no actually drips, I don't see any fuel line in the engine bay that is leaking. anyone have the same problem?

uscharalph
10-13-2005, 10:48 AM
undefinedundefinedI have a 1995 525i that went through emmissions about a month ago and passed with Flying colors. have only driven about 300 miles since then but today I started up the car and we went about 2 miles and felt so sick of the smell, ( kinda smelled like gas/ engine brite cleaner) ( haven't used engine britein abaout 6 months) I had a leak right by the fuel rail before but it was fixed. I turned on the heat, but can't tell if it's mainly because the heat was turned on , because by the time I got home and was checking around i had the smell stuck on me so i couldn't tell, plus it started to rain so saw no actually drips, I don't see any fuel line in the engine bay that is leaking. anyone have the same problem?
It looks like this thread was started 2X's.

632 Regal
10-13-2005, 11:22 AM
post whore!

:D

It looks like this thread was started 2X's.

dacoyote
10-13-2005, 11:34 AM
post whore!

:D

Takes one to know one.....

jmr898
10-13-2005, 12:36 PM
yeah sorry didn't know how that happened