PDA

View Full Version : Love that new car feeling!

Springfield1952
10-13-2005, 12:03 AM
This afternoon my son changed the thrust arms (Lemforder w/ 750 bushings from BMA) on the Touring. Wow! No more tapping the brake pedal lightly when hitting the off-ramp 'cause I'm afraid of terminal shudder in the front end. I almost forgot what a tight (well tighter) suspension feels like. Another guy in the office with a Touring - 2 Tourings in one office of 8 people - what are the odds? - now is going to have my son do his arms next week.

Curt.

uscharalph
10-13-2005, 12:06 AM
This afternoon my son changed the thrust arms (Lemforder w/ 750 bushings from BMA) on the Touring. Wow! No more tapping the brake pedal lightly when hitting the off-ramp 'cause I'm afraid of terminal shudder in the front end. I almost forgot what a tight (well tighter) suspension feels like. Another guy in the office with a Touring - 2 Tourings in one office of 8 people - what are the odds? - now is going to have my son do his arms next week.

Curt.
Congrats! I love that feeling also, fixing something noticeable on my BMW.

uscharalph
10-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Congrats! I love that feeling also, fixing something noticeable on my BMW.
Or (Mostly) driving my car after my brother has fixed something on my BMW.

Alexlind123
10-13-2005, 12:31 AM
I also recently renewed the bushings with 750 bushings. It is indeed a great feeling. On that note, however; you may not need to replace the arms to solve the problem. When i had the arms off to replace the bushings in my car, the balljoints were as smooth as silk.

Springfield1952
10-13-2005, 12:48 AM
The ball joints on my arms felt a little sloppy. Also, for me the relatively small cost to replace everything vs. taking the arms somewhere to get the old bushings removed and new ones pressed was an easy decision. Maybe when I was younger I'd have redone just the bushings but having 50 disappear in my rear view mirror a couple of years ago has helped to enjoy making things simple. JUST REPLACE THE WHOLE DAMN THING! Thanks, I feel better now - time for some warm milk.

Curt.