PDA

View Full Version : Bavarian Auto Recyclers - bmrparts? Any experiences? I have one!

zuzuk212
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Has anyone dealt with these people? I thought that this would be a blessing with finding a used diff with a 2 year warranty ... sounded great.

Nearly a month later, with me calling weekly to hear how busy they are, and being charged for a part they do not even know if they have yet ... they finally go out and find the car they think has the correct diff. Guess what, it's not what they thought it was. So, they had my money, strung me along, and had me riding my cycle in the cold and rain while waiting for them...

So, I want to help them out and give them a break ... by giving them some time to check and record their inventory ... so do your part and don't waste your time and money with these jokers.

Resist the temptation ... look every where else first. I did find another place and they had all the info upfront. Wish I would have found them first.
Hopefully, I will have the 5 back out on the rode after this weekend.

Ken

632 Regal
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
read through my write up if you end up having to change the input flange.

rear end (http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/rearend.html)

Chris'91'525i
10-12-2005, 08:01 PM
That's really lame of them asking for your money on a part they don't even know they have.
Is this place in the Sacramento area ? If it is , I read on this forum of similar incidents about them.
Good of you to share this info with us.
What wrecker did you get the good service from ?

zuzuk212
10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
That's really lame of them asking for your money on a part they don't even know they have.
Is this place in the Sacramento area ? If it is , I read on this forum of similar incidents about them.
Good of you to share this info with us.
What wrecker did you get the good service from ?

Here is their address: 3688 Omec Circle Rancho Cordova, CA 95742 - just to make sure - remember, these people waste your time.

I don't want anybody else to go through crap like this. Is there any way that we can make a running list so that it's easier for us to protect each other?

I went with cherry-auto.com ... didn't get it yet, but it is on it's way and they do not charge untill it's out the door. I will update this when I get it.

Ken

Kalevera
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Been saying this all along....

I mean, the guys wanted $200 for a set of USED, MU E34 stock springs. They must get the Bavarian Autosport catalog...and think they have the same stupid clientele.

best, whit

waltersa
10-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I have also had a not so pleasant experience with these folks, I sold them a wheelset, thay made me return three times because the manager was not in and then low balled me, unfortunately they are in my backyard, but I will avoid them when able, my 2 cents

uscharalph
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Looks like no positive experience with these guys?

shogun
10-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Anyone tried this dealer out? Just found that on Bimmerboard. Seems to have a lot of stock German parts cars, and he drives a 635
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/112181

direct link do dealer
www.germanautosalvage.com

BigKriss
10-13-2005, 02:13 AM
for some e34 540 brakes, and an oil cooler and oil cooler lines plus a few other parts. I never rang the dudes, it was all via email. They sent me out the wrong oil cooler lines, so I sent them back, about aus$22. This week I recived the e34 oil cooler and lines. They sent the correct ones to me. I probably wouldn't use them again, but it's hard to find stuff sometimes in Australia.

sdwhitney
10-13-2005, 09:02 AM
I got my M-pars from them, and had the sale from hell. They were off of a totalled e38.

They used to be better, and now it is just getting worse.

Although my new engine is from them, it was from there other division Bavarian Engine Exchange.

There are many other places out there, I would look.

I would ask for a refund of your money, and contact Dan at www.diffsonline.com

That is where I got mine, and it was nothing but a sweet transaction, a little more money, but worth it.

zuzuk212
10-14-2005, 04:05 PM

Last Friday Jay claimed that he issued a refund ... I hadn't seen anything come back. So yesterday I call and get voice mail, I was a little steamed with the message I left. I try to reach an actual person today ... finally after their phones flipping out, they tell me that it was taken care of this morning.

Can we PLEASE, start a thread and sticky it or something so that we all know where the shifty people are?
A lot of us do not have the time to read every thread ... lately I've been getting pulled in so many directions, I'm almost invisible :p So, it would help to have a quick reference, no?

Ken

uscharalph
10-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Last Friday Jay claimed that he issued a refund ... I hadn't seen anything come back. So yesterday I call and get voice mail, I was a little steamed with the message I left. I try to reach an actual person today ... finally after their phones flipping out, they tell me that it was taken care of this morning.

Can we PLEASE, start a thread and sticky it or something so that we all know where the shifty people are?
A lot of us do not have the time to read every thread ... lately I've been getting pulled in so many directions, I'm almost invisible :p So, it would help to have a quick reference, no?

Ken
I always throw out the vendor's name on this forum before I pull the trigger with someone I've never used berfore. I think such a thread as you are talking about would be too large.

greywolf22
12-16-2011, 11:48 AM
These guys suck. I asked for an 4.4I engine to meet 190 compressiom and they said no problem that all the engines are compression tested to meet BMW specifications and will not be shipped unless they do and then sent me a trash engine at 115 to 125 compression. I am now fighting them with my credit card company and have turned them in to BBB.

greywolf22
12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
I am with you on this. I am tired on all the slime balls in the business. where are the honest parts guys.