PDA

View Full Version : New E34 Plates

wingman
10-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Just picked up my new number plates. BME 34A (nsw). They look great on the car (I think so anyway). OZ drivers give me a wave if you see me!

uscharalph
10-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Just picked up my new number plates. BME 34A (nsw). They look great on the car (I think so anyway). OZ drivers give me a wave if you see me!
Where's your pictures?

DanDombrowski
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
He doesn't want people to get his tag number ;)

JAlfredPrufrock
10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
He doesn't want people to get his tag number ;)

Right... even though he already mentioned his number.

DanDombrowski
10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I know, that was the joke :) I'm just not a funny guy....

GJPinAU
10-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Just look in your rear view mirror - we'll be there! LOL

Gayle
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
I know, that was the joke :) I'm just not a funny guy....

I beg to differ. You had me laughing about 5 minutes ago with this.

Homer: Alright brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. So lets just do this, and I'll get back to killing you with beer.

Zeuk in Oz
10-13-2005, 02:03 AM

Are they euro plates or premium plates ? I have euro's on my E34 and they certainly look the goods.

liquidtiger720
10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't get it...what does it mean?

uscharalph
10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I beg to differ. You had me laughing about 5 minutes ago with this.

Homer: Alright brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. So lets just do this, and I'll get back to killing you with beer.
I think Dan is saying that Homer is funny not Dan. LOL!!

Zeuk in Oz
10-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't get it...what does it mean?
In NSW (Australia) we have basically 3 types of number plates.
Standard plates are black on yellow with 2 letters, then 2 numbers, then 2 letters eg AG 45 TF.
Premium plates are smaller, black on white and have 3 letters, 2 numbers and then a letter eg BME 34 A. These are available in other colours too.
Euro plates are larger and on E 34s and many other German cars, fit exactly into the space for number plates on the front bumper bar. They are black on white. They all start with the letter N (for NSW) then 2 letters, 2 numbers and a letter. eg N XA 34 P. They are made to look like German plates with 2 small pictures between the N and the X in the above case.
If you want to pay extra initially and on an ongoing basis you can choose your own plate combination. Presumably this is what wingman has done but from his chosen number it might be either a euro plate or premium plate.
The best plate I have seen is FNF 45 T.

GJPinAU
10-13-2005, 04:59 PM
In NSW (Australia) we have basically 3 types of number plates.
Standard plates are black on yellow with 2 letters, then 2 numbers, then 2 letters eg AG 45 TF.
Premium plates are smaller, black on white and have 3 letters, 2 numbers and then a letter eg BME 34 A. These are available in other colours too.
Euro plates are larger and on E 34s and many other German cars, fit exactly into the space for number plates on the front bumper bar. They are black on white. They all start with the letter N (for NSW) then 2 letters, 2 numbers and a letter. eg N XA 34 P. They are made to look like German plates with 2 small pictures between the N and the X in the above case.
If you want to pay extra initially and on an ongoing basis you can choose your own plate combination. Presumably this is what wingman has done but from his chosen number it might be either a euro plate or premium plate.
The best plate I have seen is FNF 45 T.
A mate has NE 1469 on his E30 323

romus
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
zeuk you forgot the white lettering on black plates :)

Yea euro look good. Had a german friend askin me what the hell "N" stood for when he came over for visit. See in germany, the first letter (like our N) stands for city. So M would be Munich, S - Stuttgart, N - Nurenberg etc, and smaller cities have 2 letters (NM - Neumarkt) while here its the state that the letter represents. In germany the state is represented by a little emblem between the first letter and the rest of the plate. Also, the rego details arent in sticker form, but are permanently stuck every year on the plate, above (or below) the state emblem.

(alright romus - whatever)

Zeuk in Oz
10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
zeuk you forgot the white lettering on black plates

And red plates, blue plates, purple plates, green plates etc etc ...not to mention old style non-reflective black on yellow plates or Bicentenary plates or Olympic plates or Centenery of Federation plates. Then again there are the number only plates, the previous black on yellow plates with 3 letters and 3 numbers..............it just goes on.
I was trying to simplify things a little.

Randell
10-14-2005, 02:39 AM
in perth we can still get 1994 eagles premiership plates! talk about not letting go of the past!

wingman
10-14-2005, 04:53 AM
I know that guy. A great guy with a great attitude. Last time I spoke to him I was helping him back his E30 race car off his trailer. If you see him say 'gidday' from an ex-NSW BMW Driver's Club Secretary. H

e might have a name simil
ar to a body part???

wingman
10-14-2005, 04:57 AM
mmmm. I don't have a digital camera!!!! The plates cost me Au$160 which is an annual fee. For the question "what does it mean"? LOL Those in the know know. Those who don't hopefully don't think I'm a w#%ker!!!!

wingman
10-15-2005, 06:13 AM
The plates are black on silver. Non-euro.

DCR
10-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I recently picked up 034-BMW in Qld.