PDA

View Full Version : Pass seat rattles 95 525i

Russell
10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
My passenger seat rattles at bit when empty. Think it rattles on the frame and perhaps the seat back is loose as well. I only notice it over a seires of rapid bumps or a very hard bump. Even so it is iritating.

Anyone have any suggestions? it seem all the bolts are tight. I have checked ot two or three times and found nothing i could adjust. I tried setting the height of the seat low or high-no difference. TIA

Kalevera
10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Russell -- one thing I've noticed is that if the arm rest is down, and the seat is adjusted to something like a lower extreme of its height movement, the rest will rub against the console and make noise.

It could also be one of the seats particularly affected by "fat person syndrome" -- winfred has a writeup on adjusting the tension on the fore/aft movement rail to remove most of the play....dunno where it is, but it's a 5 second job.

best, whit

uscharalph
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
My passenger seat rattles at bit when empty. Think it rattles on the frame and perhaps the seat back is loose as well. I only notice it over a seires of rapid bumps or a very hard bump. Even so it is iritating.

Anyone have any suggestions? it seem all the bolts are tight. I have checked ot two or three times and found nothing i could adjust. I tried setting the height of the seat low or high-no difference. TIA
MIne does a little also. Turn up the radio.

Alexlind123
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
I have a small rattle coming from my glove compartment. If i reach over and slap it with the back of my hand it goes away for awhile. The PO had installed what i assume to be a metalized tint on the side and rear windows, this causes radio reception to be terrible. I can get one station OK and another kinda poorly. The fact that it is a tape deck doesnt help matter either, now if only i had a cd player...

Rus
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
The glove box rattle can be caused by loose trim on the front of it. Try tightening the trim mounting screws inside the glove box and see if that helps. It cured the rattling from my glove box. Hope this helps.

Russell
10-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Any recomendations for key search words. This is one of those irritating problems that needs to be fixed. Along with several other small but iritating problems.

Thanks,

Russell
10-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Russell -- one thing I've noticed is that if the arm rest is down, and the seat is adjusted to something like a lower extreme of its height movement, the rest will rub against the console and make noise.

It could also be one of the seats particularly affected by "fat person syndrome" -- winfred has a writeup on adjusting the tension on the fore/aft movement rail to remove most of the play....dunno where it is, but it's a 5 second job.

best, whit
Winfred- help please!

Russell
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
winfred- did you post a solution? Thanks

Kalevera
10-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Russell:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/rockingseatfix.htm

best, whit

Russell
10-15-2005, 04:57 PM
No wonder i could not find it as I thought it was in the archives. I will try it tommorrow.

Kalevera
10-15-2005, 05:04 PM
It is in the archives ;)

Body & Interior - "rocking seat fix"

best, whit