PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing flywheel

JKBe30m3
10-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I am removing a flywheel from a 94 530i and I need a special torx bit to remove the flywheel. It appears to be a T60 and it has to be a deep well bit. I can't find it at sears, autoparts store, snap-on man, etc. I have looked on numerous websites at bmw specific tools and have found nothing. Any help or tips would be great.

Kalevera
10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
You must be going to the most retarted snapon dealer ever.

Those guys can get anything.

best, whit

Rigmaster
10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Yep, it's a special BMW tool- it's a deep torx bit socket- T60 sounds like the correct size. I ran into this problem a while back, I stopped at my local BMW dealer and asked a tech there what size the bit was and where to find it. He showed me the the tool that he happened to have in his work tray- it was a bit rounded off by another tech who tried to spin the bolts out without having the tool firmly seated. He said that they had just gotten a new one, and offered the old one to me. I gladly accepted it, took it home and ground a bit off the tip, and it worked well enough to get those flywheel bolts out!!

I am pretty sure Snap-on makes one that will work. I'll see if I can find the one I have- it probably has the BMW part number on it.

If you want to borrow it, I could probably send it to you if you promised to send it back when you were done.......

Bret.

zygoteer
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I know that T60 (& more!), normal and long reach, with or without anti-tamper recess, hand driver and socket drive, are available from Snap-On here in UK.
I would have thought it would be world-wide available.

uscharalph
10-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I am removing a flywheel from a 94 530i and I need a special torx bit to remove the flywheel. It appears to be a T60 and it has to be a deep well bit. I can't find it at sears, autoparts store, snap-on man, etc. I have looked on numerous websites at bmw specific tools and have found nothing. Any help or tips would be great.
I thought this site would have it: http://www.samstagsales.com/bmwtools.htm#toolkit, but maybe I'm missing it. Page up for specialty tools.

JKBe30m3
10-11-2005, 04:42 PM
I would really like to borrow that from you. I could paypal you a certain amount for the tool and you could refund it to me when I return it. I would pay for all shipping of course.