PDA

View Full Version : MiddleEast Migrant

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Born in Germany but raised in Japan, here are a couple of photos of my 91 535i.

I dont believe they're virtual car show material yet but with a couple of TLC and wax treatment, she'll be good as new. Of course it does help that the base I am working on is a beautifully crafted e34 ;)

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I love the rear sunshield. At least I dont have to put on those foils at the back.

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
And personal

angrypancake
10-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Very nice car. Clean as can be.

shogun
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Ken
looks good and the paper you sent me from the inspection in Japan shows it too.
Can immy see that it is a jap. specification car, as the econometer shown km/liter.

Have a nice drive in the hot climate there.
Maybe you need another thermostat which opens earlier.
Just in case that engine coolant gets too hot. There are also larger radiators available in the version for tropical countries.

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi Ken
looks good and the paper you sent me from the inspection in Japan shows it too.
Can immy see that it is a jap. specification car, as the econometer shown km/liter.

Have a nice drive in the hot climate there.
Maybe you need another thermostat which opens earlier.
Just in case that engine coolant gets too hot. There are also larger radiators available in the version for tropical countries.

Elrich-san, domo arigato!

The auction report (paper) I sent to you was for the 540iT.

This car has its own auction report paper which I have attached...for transcribing. I hope there are no fees to it other than a hot sake should you decide to come over to this side of Asia (as the Middle East remains to be geographically part of the Asian continent).

I have a little problem with this car though...what to do with the cloth siding which is starting to peel off from its leather attachment. Any suggestions on what would be the best adhesive for this?

Torque
10-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Gorilla glue.

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Gorilla glue.

Thanks TORQUE!

To clarify, GORILLA is the brand, yes? Is that clear glue which you can pick up in bookstores?

uscharalph
10-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks TORQUE!

To clarify, GORILLA is the brand, yes? Is that clear glue which you can pick up in bookstores?
Gorilla is the brand

Torque
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks TORQUE!

To clarify, GORILLA is the brand, yes? Is that clear glue which you can pick up in bookstores?Most hardware stores, as well as most automotive sections of large stores have it. The glue itself is a yellowish color.

Look for this: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/images/catalog/mfgs/gorilla_glue.jpg

shogun
10-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Ken,
nothing special to say about the paper, usually they are very careful with that.
About the repair there are written infos with pics. See archives.
If you cannot find one, see the German version here I found
http://www.e34-welt.de/tips_tricks/pappe.pdf

Alexlind123
10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
You have a very nice car. It is virtual car show material, just take some more flattering shots (i have alot of trouble with that) and you will be good to go.

Gayle
10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
You have a very nice car. It is virtual car show material, just take some more flattering shots and you will be good to go.

Agreed. Every e34 is car show material. There are lots of categories including something like most room for improvement. It is just an opportunity to celebrate our cars, so go for it.

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
You have a very nice car. It is virtual car show material, just take some more flattering shots (i have alot of trouble with that) and you will be good to go.

Thanks Alex!

Flattering shots....there isn't much scenery except for desert sand..and getting camels to pose beside the car without fear of getting spat at will be difficult :(

SLEX Runner
10-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Agreed. Every e34 is car show material. There are lots of categories including something like most room for improvement. It is just an opportunity to celebrate our cars, so go for it.

I'ld like to celebrate this car the way the manufacturer wanted me to do so....driving it with extreme pleasure.

It is most likely that I will keep the car as stock looking as can be: just keeping her clean and maintaining her well. Conveniences like an OEM cupholder will be great to add. Improvements will be on suspension (maybe Bilstein) which will be covert.

To keep this 14year old car as production line looking as possible will give me satisfaction.

Now the incoming 540iT will be a different story...as the previous owner in Japan had already started with it :D