PDA

View Full Version : What a great week!!!

E34 530
10-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Great news!!! I went to a specialty tire place to put my new rear tires on get them balanced. Of course on the way home, the car vibrated like a certain woman's toy lol. I took all the wheels off myself and realized they put the hub centric rings on the hub instead of inside the rim itsellf. They even totally forgot to put the front passenger side on. I called them back and told them the situation and they agreed to pay me back for a new set of rings and a new balance. One day later, they call me back saying they found the ring and they would balance the tires and put everything on the right way. anyway, I get their and the worker (owner's son) jacks the car up and puts the ring on the hub instead of listening to me (I told him what to do and even offered to do it myself) he claims he has been doing this for 12 years. So I'm like alright put it in wrong and test drive it, your going to have a vibration until you listen to me and do it the right way. So the kid takes the car on a test drive and comes back and tells me their is still a vibration. I'm like no ****. I proceed to go in the waiting room because he was going to do all 4 wheels. A half hour later, the secretary comes out and says "You know you have a leak in your gas tank right??" I'm like, nope never had a gas leak. I park the car in the garage and on a brick driveway, I would have noticed it or even smelled it. She's like well, you might want to come look at this. I go into the garage and the car is pissing gas like it drank 3 gallons of beer. The kid tells me the car was like that when I got there and that was it, I lost it. I screamed at him and told him he was the biggest ********ter because he just had the car jacked up 20 minutes ago and it wasn't leaking before the test drive. I tell him that he's replacing my tank or we're going to court and that's it. Here's what I think really happened, the kid was in a hurry and missed the lifting point by like 1 inch. When he raised the car, the jack when right up into the gas tank. I would not have even cared if he just came out and aplogized for the whole situation, but even after I bitched him out and proved him wrong, he still insisted it wasn't him because "I'm a professional!" Finally his Father comes back and I told him I wanted my tires re-balanced, a new gas tank, and a money for gas because I had just paid 45.50 for a tank of premium. THe father finally agreed because he had no other choice, I'm kinda happy.

This is officially the worst week of my life. My sister has been in the hospital for a massive foot infection, I have no car because of a leaking gas tank, I had an electrical fire in one of my outlets at 2:30 in the mornig and woke up to half of my wall being on fire and me having to put it out with my bed comforter, and to top it all off, I smashed my Father's truck on the way back form the SAT's this morning because its the first "real" rain New Jersey has had in like 3 months, so the roads were really slippery form oil slicks, etc. Sorry for the extremely long bitchout, but I had to get something off my chest.

liquidtiger720
10-09-2005, 02:36 AM
that sucks dude. and I thought my week was bad.

I had a ballast die on me.

Is that your Porsche in the pic too?

uscharalph
10-09-2005, 02:58 AM
that sucks dude. and I thought my week was bad.

I had a ballast die on me.

Is that your Porsche in the pic too?
It's his dad's Porsche.

E34 530
10-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Yeah it's my Dad's. I'm probably going to change the pic. because my car doesn't even look like that anymore. Yeah, I think I have to replace my whole cooling sytem. Next week isn't looking to good either lol.

Paul in NZ
10-09-2005, 04:51 AM
I just hope the vibrations gone......

Gayle
10-09-2005, 09:24 AM
That's a really bad week. I hate it when I get stuck dealing with dumbsh%ts and especially ones who lie. I hate it when other people mess up my stuff. I feel your pain. Good for you for making them make it right.

And glad you weren't hurt by the fire. Wow. That could have been really bad. Bet it was hard to concentrate in the SATs.

SRR2
10-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Sux to be you, man. It won't make you feel any better, but trust me, EVERYONE goes through crap like this once in a while.

About the outlet. When was your house built? Sometime in the 70's? If so, you might have aluminum wiring. That stuff has been responsible for more house fires than almost anything. You need to take each outlet apart and tighten the connections, at a minimum. But even that's temporary and doesn't help all that much. Best bet, call a competent electrician to fix it the right way.

TheDuke
10-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, what can I say, bad things just love to come one after another.

Gayle
10-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, what can I say, bad things just love to come one after another.

Isn't that the truth.

632 Regal
10-09-2005, 11:23 AM
these are the kinds of experiences I have when I take my car somewhere... At least you got them to take care of the gas tank, here no one takes responsibility and I eat eat.

E34 530
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the words guys. My house was built in the early 1990's, so I don't think it has aluminum wiring. My uncle (electrician) came over and told me this plug adapter was probably the culprit. He replaced the whole socket just to be on the safe side. What I don't understand is why it happened when it did. I have had that plug adapter in my socket for like 4 years without any problems.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2007_0507Image0031.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2007_0507Image0032.jpg

uscharalph
10-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the words guys. My house was built in the early 1990's, so I don't think it has aluminum wiring. My uncle (electrician) came over and told me this plug adapter was probably the culprit. He replaced the whole socket just to be on the safe side. What I don't understand is why it happened when it did. I have had that plug adapter in my socket for like 4 years without any problems.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2007_0507Image0031.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2007_0507Image0032.jpg
Probably was the adapter

genphreak
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Those sockets are crap. Aussie ones are (almost as bad). The English have the safest sockets, they avoid all this risk. Every plug is fused, not just the applicance itself and the house's circuits. The pins are huge so you can't bend em and even if you stick little fingers in between them and try to plug it in no current will pass till the socket is all the way in.

On the other hand all the good electrical engineers were at lunch (or war or womething) when our domestic plug specs were passed.

Hey, dude look on the bright side. At least you woke up. You may never have lived to tell us about it, or could have lost the house too.

Most people don't!

:) Nick

Mendozart
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
It is definitely nice to have a good tire shop to go to. I've been going to All Star Tire (So. Cal.) for 20 years now. I Know all the mechanics, I can go in the shop and check on my car. There is no way they would even come close to pulling that crap that they pulled with you. Sorry to here about your problems, hang in there.

Paul in NZ
10-10-2005, 03:15 AM
the scary thing is i think A LOT of places do not know their ****...i asked around a lot before i chose my repair places...and for some unknown reason there were always bimmers around the places i chose.......

E34 530
10-10-2005, 10:08 AM
The only reason I brought the rims to be balanced at this particular place was because it was the only place within like 30 miles that has a hunter roadforce balancing machine.

callen
10-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I feel for you......it will get better.
I never take my car to have tires installed...always bring them loose...always. The less the average Joe has to touch my cars the better....pain in the butt but....it's worth it.

callen
10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Diy Diy Diy Diy Diy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E34 530
10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Diy Diy Diy Diy Diy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have a balancing machine!!!

emw525E34
10-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Thats a good idea, Callen. I had a shop that route my brake lines incorrectly in the front axle when I did new pads. It was fortunate I checked the day before I went to the track!. Fixed that of course,
would not want my front lines to sheer into a 110 mph hairpin that needed only 30 mph to clear. Thats shaving off 80 mph in under 2 seconds to clear the hairpin at the right speed and right angle for the exit, power up. Phew!. Was a close one as they corner has taken many casualties over the years.

I do fit and torquing myself, only after the shop fits it. BYO torque wrench.

callen
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Understand...I don't either but I don't take them my car...just rims and tires for swap and balance......clean the wheels inside and out.....that way they don't spray carb cleaner to get clean patch to stick on weight (carb cleaner will deteriorate the tape). Also let them know I'm picky....even cut valve stems with razor before I go so they don't scratch rim yanking old one out.

E34 530
10-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Very good points. When the car was vibrating the first time, I got the car on the floor jack and re-torqued them myself just to be on the safe side. I will probably do the same thing this time when I get the car back.