PDA

View Full Version : Any such thing: Bilstein Springs for E34 ?.

emw525E34
10-07-2005, 04:09 AM
A local fellow claims to have one for sale and I might take a look at it. Claimed to be red in color.

I asked about marking on the springs, seems to be 5/5/5/4 ??.

The only red color spring are know are Bav Auto springs. Is there such springs from Bilstein ?.
Comments welcomed.
:(

Tiger
10-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Call up Bilstein and ask.

BigKriss
10-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Frankie, I have never heard of Bilstein springs, I assume they don't exist.

emw525E34
10-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Neither have I. The local guy I called said he imported an complete Bilstein set for his E34 and already sold the shocks but springs remain. Thats the item currently under consideration.

He claims he lost the boxes and there are not clear partnumber markings on the springs just 5/5/5/4 which does not really make sense. I might inspect this tomorrow as H&Rs are Black or blue, Eibach's are Black. Only Bav Auto springs are painted red. Claims his is red!.
Can't be coil-overs as they don't exist for E34.

Will see if I can wake up early tomm to meet the guy and take a look. Might buy it if it turns out to be Bav Auto springs. This is for my touring. My sedan had EibachProkits purchased long ago from a forum member here. Thats was great match for Bilstein Sport (yellow) shocks.

JulesE34
10-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Bilstein supply complete shock/spring kits over here, I beleive the springs are not made by Bilstien though, they are made by a company called Ventura. Standard Alpina set-up was Bilstein shocks/Eibach springs.

Will this website ]help? (http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/bilstein-suspension.htm[/URL)

uscharalph
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Bilstein supply complete shock/spring kits over here, I beleive the springs are not made by Bilstien though, they are made by a company called Ventura. Standard Alpina set-up was Bilstein shocks/Eibach springs.

Will this website ]help? (http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/bilstein-suspension.htm[/URL)
Page moved.

jplacson
10-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Frankie, aren't touring springs diff from sedan springs? Just wondering. You might get a 3-4" drop in the rear. He claims these springs are a 2" drop

emw525E34
10-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Once de-lad, they are same as sedan. No way can there is 4 inches of drop!. I am after the front actually, would keep the rear stock as it is low enough and is better off those pesky bumps we have all over the place.

Will see tomm at 11am. Meeting the guy in Sucat.

emw525E34
10-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Thanks Jules, UK suppliers have more choices. Now it could be Apex , Jamex or Spax. These are pretty hopeless I reckon.

JulesE34
10-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Page moved.

Apologies, looks more like a posting error.

Try here. (http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/)

emw525E34
10-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Well some updates. I saw the springs and they don't look good. Actually looks like stock springs re-wrapped in red plastic which broke in several places. I doubt it is one year old as the owner claims. Just some kid!.

Well, I think I should stick to stock as the ride is very good although the wife said its harsher than the sedan which had EibackProkits and bilstein sports combo.
Touring now has Stock Springs with Sachs SuperTouring shocks. Very nice ride except for that fist full of gap between tire and wheel arch at the front when unladen. The M-parallels are made for this car and its tires are just wonderful in their traction. Love it.

genphreak
10-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Well some updates... Touring now has Stock Springs with Sachs SuperTouring shocks. Very nice ride except for that fist full of gap between tire and wheel arch at the front when unladen. The M-parallels are made for this car and its tires are just wonderful in their traction. Love it.Get a pair of 3mm spring pads from BMA, they will take 6mm out of your gap for a sub-$5 investment... :) Nick

uscharalph
10-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Get a pair of 3mm spring pads from BMA, they will take 6mm out of your gap for a sub-$5 investment... :) Nick
There's an idea.

jplacson
10-11-2005, 05:33 AM
But were they lowering springs? Were they in bad shape?

emw525E34
10-11-2005, 05:57 AM
John,

They were lowering springs. At least claimed to be. I cannot see how the front can lower much as it has 6 coils just like stock. The rear had 11 coils, top five is closer to each other, so there is some lowering of the rear. My interest was in the front. General condition is pretty poor. I must say, the EibackProkits I bought from a guy in this forum is close to new condition considering it was > 4 yrs old. This set I saw ?. Claimed to be a year old. But my 13 year old sedan spring would look newer!. Thats my comparison.

BigKriss
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Frankie, you can get some custom height springs from Kmac in sydney. they are around aus$470 for the front and rear.