PDA

View Full Version : side markers

JohnC
10-06-2005, 11:48 PM
i put the side markers in a while ago but never wired them up, the ones that go on the side of the car. can i just extend the wire from the bumper markers and hook them up to the new ones? i dont need both to light up. then i will probably do a cheap mod and black out the bumper ones with tape until my moudings gets dinged up enough for new ones without the lights.

JohnC
10-10-2005, 08:02 PM
anyone? otherwise i'll just tap into the turn signals this weekend.

SharkmanBMW
10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
they should flash with the indicators.

Dave M
10-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I did the same mod a while ago and hooked them up as you have planned to ($1.00 in wire to extend the existing, tucked it in above the wheel well liner). In my opinion, there's no need for them to flash as turn signals. Thats why the turn signals are shaped as they are.

Be somewhat careful carving your fender, measure once, cut twice :)

Edit: just read (again) that you've installed the lights so you know the drill.

Dave M

uscharalph
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I did the same mod a while ago and hooked them up as you have planned to ($1.00 in wire to extend the existing, tucked it in above the wheel well liner). In my opinion, there's no need for them to flash as turn signals. Thats why the turn signals are shaped as they are.

Be somewhat careful carving your fender, measure once, cut twice :)

Edit: just read (again) that you've installed the lights so you know the drill.

Dave M
If I installed them, I'd have them flash.

JohnC
10-11-2005, 05:40 PM
cool thanks for verifying my theory dave. i'd like them to flash though cause people are dumb. maybe an additional light will help them see that im switching lanes. like yours, i cut the fenders where the mouldings are so that covered my pretty crappy dremel skills; i used the regular cutting wheel so it slipped a few times.

shragon
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
yea, they're suppose to flash. just tap into the signal wire.