PDA

View Full Version : Is this eBay 5 series the same one we discussed here earlier....

Chris'91'525i
10-06-2005, 07:36 PM
that had the undisclosed mileage, till he was found out ?
If it is, he changed his sellers name. He had to with his old rating !
He also cleaned the engine which he had marinated in Armorall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-1-RESERVE-RARE-1992-BMW-535I-NOT-525-M5-EXCEPTIONALLY-MAINTANED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ45 80527787QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

dacoyote
10-06-2005, 08:54 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-1-RESERVE-RARE-1992-BMW-535I-NOT-525-M5-EXCEPTIONALLY-MAINTANED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ45 80527787QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

It sure looks like it.....

Farker...

-Charles

Qube
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
So close it's not funny...

genphreak
10-06-2005, 10:07 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-1-RESERVE-RARE-1992-BMW-535I-NOT-525-M5-EXCEPTIONALLY-MAINTANED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ45 80527787QQrdZ1#ebayphotohostingI wonder if it works after all that marination... my eyes are malfunctioning after all that RED SHOUTING. Perhaps he's hoping that it will burn our eyes out so we don't notice;

the front radiator and hedalight covers have been wrestled in and out nastily, the front frame has been pulled and the doors are all a little out of alignment. Gaps are bad on the passenger side, bonnet doesn't fit right (real bad) adn whilst I'm at it neither does the boot. Badges are aligned wrong, so all in all I'd say he's bought it damaged or cheap, had to fix a frontal collision and doesn't like the resultant rattles from the el-cheapo and complete bodyjob he got ripped off on (probably by an insurance company...)

Perhaps he can't get a wheel alignment...

Nice leather though.

I like the shipping options "Will sell to Worldwide only"

You hear that? No US buyers on this auction!

:D Nick

SRR2
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Why doesn't this have ellipsoid headlights? I thought all 535s had them.

Shaun
10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Why doesn't this have ellipsoid headlights? I thought all 535s had them.

Ellipsoids appeared in US cars sometime in the 93 production run, I believe.

liquidtiger720
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Here' One Of The Nicest 535's Left In Existence

Unmodified, 1 Owner, All Original, Accident Free, 100% Turnkey

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/1e/44/bc_3.JPG

Hmm..DOT-R!!!

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Not too familiar, DOT-R is the sticker that they put instead of the VIN number on body panels that have been replaced? Am I correct?

azale
10-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Correct, so either the seller,
TOTALLY REPLACES BODY PANELS INSTEAD OF WORKING OUT SMALL DENTS AND SCRATCHES
. . . or the seller thinks whatever caused the damage to the panel wasn't an "accident."

"The chop shop knew they could sell that piece for a good price. It was one of the first to go. Unfortunate, but not an accident." -HONEST SELLER

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 05:48 AM
Where is the car located? Does the seller have any other cars for sale? VIN number the same?

SRR2
10-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Uh, no. My 535, production date 12/88, had them.

JD525IA
10-07-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sure the 100% will eventually go down and she will have several angry, negative feedbacks.

Sneeky M.F.

Qube
10-07-2005, 10:09 AM
My 535 89 has projos. Supposedly original body panels will have their VIN.

Late model cars have VIN stickers on all major components including engine, transmission, fenders, etc. Replacement parts from BMW have stickers that read DOT-R or Department of Transportation-Replacement.

dacoyote
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
(ebay ass)... UNMODIFIED, 1 OWNER, ... IT WAS A TRUE CREAM PUFF THAT I COULD NOT PASS UP(ebay ass)

Hummm... car cannot be one owner if it was a "Cream Puff" that he couldn't pass up....

-Charles

dacoyote
10-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Where is the car located? Does the seller have any other cars for sale? VIN number the same?

South Flordia.... nope... the last one matchs....

who knows... anyone got a throw away account... lets bid 15k then go after the ass...

-Charles

Shaun
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Uh, no. My 535, production date 12/88, had them.

Uh, then it was an option. My uncle has a 1990 535 with regular ol' low beams. And the majority of pre-1993ish E34's for sale around this area don't have them either.

shragon
10-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Uh, then it was an option. My uncle has a 1990 535 with regular ol' low beams. And the majority of pre-1993ish E34's for sale around this area don't have them either. basically, early e34's had ellipsoids, mid years didn't, and late years e34's had ellipsoids again. from what i heard, at one point DOT said ellipsoids were bad, but then approved them again.

these are the years i got, but i could be wrong...

89-91: ellipsoids
92-93: freeform
94-95: ellipsoids

shragon
10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
i think that was the same ebay car. looks like he up'd the mileage this time. still looks shady.

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 10:46 AM
South Florida? Yeah, its the same one. Nice.

Thanks for posting that for me. I think its a good thing I'm blocked from ebay at work, otherwise I wouldn't get anything done.

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 10:48 AM
What she's saying is that it was a 1 owner when it was sold, then the odometer was messed with, then sold to this sucker who found out about the mileage, whom is then trying to sell it again.....

dacoyote
10-07-2005, 11:29 AM
What she's saying is that it was a 1 owner when it was sold, then the odometer was messed with, then sold to this sucker who found out about the mileage, whom is then trying to sell it again.....

Yeah... I wasn't sure on that....

:-)

SharkmanBMW
10-07-2005, 01:05 PM
OK GUYS>>>>>>>>>

this is FOR SURE TACO beyotch!
hollywood florida, zip ties holding in the rad..... FOR SURE the same!

So Taco has made up a new account! I hope he/she has learned a lesson!

The most you can bid without leaving a credit card on file is $9999.00
That is what I did last time.

How can they say never accidented when it when the panels don't fit together the way they should?! What a scammer!

Should we bid and win it again?
poor Paula Rios would choke on her "TACO"

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Dude, I told you guys, all of the cars this person was selling were repainted. All of them. She buys wrecks, repaints, and sells them as well maintained.

Doing my "I was right" dance now.....

Oh yeah, its definitely the same car. I finally got a chance to look at it, and that was the first thing I checked for, the zip ties holding in the rad.

SharkmanBMW
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I am still feeling the joy from screwing up TACO the first go-around with this bimmer!

Should we do it again?

did anyone carfax it again and see if there was any mention of accidents?

granit_silber
10-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Dude, I told you guys, all of the cars this person was selling were repainted. All of them. She buys wrecks, repaints, and sells them as well maintained.

Doing my "I was right" dance now.....

Oh yeah, its definitely the same car. I finally got a chance to look at it, and that was the first thing I checked for, the zip ties holding in the rad.

At least the engine bay looks better this time
-ashley :D

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't have a carfax account, or I'd do it. I'm gonna email her, see if I can get some details. Then I'm gonna tell her to take it down or I'll bid on it and make her lose her listing fee.

At first I thought "Why doesn't she just sell it locally so she can't get screwed by us?"....
Then I realized that its probably worse in person, or there is some damage that isnt in the photo- hence the "I'll ship it to you for cheap!" tactic, so you never get to see the car. Sleazy. I should go pay her a visit...

So dude, how's your 330!?!! Did I miss your post about it?

SRR2
10-07-2005, 05:59 PM
No, it was not an option. It came with the car, standard equipment.

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 06:45 PM
yes, you're right, it is ending soon. I guess I'll just ask some questions about it then, and mabye I'll get a chance to come down tomorrow.
I started off by emailing her if I could come down and see the car in person. Here is her first response:

THERE'S LESS THAN 1 DAY LEFT IN THE AUCTION, YOU'LL NEED TO GET HERE FAST!

So I responded with this (you may laugh as you read it):

yes, you're right, it is ending soon. I guess I'll just ask some questions about it then, and mabye I'll get a chance to come down tomorrow.

First of all, I just wanted to know if the car, or parts of it, have ever been repainted? The paint looks excellent for its age, I just had to ask.

Second, has there been any bodywork to the car at all? I've heard that some older BMWs have rust problems (which Im sure isn't a problem in florida), but again, I just wanted to be sure, this is a big investment for me.

Ok, last one. Has the radiator ever been replaced? I was just wondering since a BMW mechanic told me they usually need new cooling systems at 100k miles, like a radiator and a water pump (I don't even know what that is). So if you have any info on the service on that, it would be great.

Sorry for all the questions, hopefully I can come down and see it tomorrow, but if not, the pictures will have to do. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kalevera
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
'91 through somewhere in '93 are all non-ellipsoids. 88/89/90, 94/95 have them. Another benefit for owning the earlier years is ellipsoid FOGS, not the shitty NFL garbage.

best, whit

Kalevera
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
The VINd body panels is a US market only addition. I've never seen a euro car with the vin/dot-r, accordingly.

best, whit

Qube
10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
So we can report this to eBay and reference the 'other' listing number. They will correspond them to the same user and shut down this account.

NARU'd! :)

wingman
10-08-2005, 12:09 AM
She ships worldwide! Excellent! I'll get it shipped to oz at her discount rate and send it back as a dud with her paying full fare!!!

Johntee540
10-08-2005, 06:00 AM
her Mileage explanation doesnt jive. If the Speedo Cluster malfunctioned in 2000 and the Dealer changed it - They wouldve moved over the original mileage chip so the ODO was accurate. Something is still fishy with her story.

This Thread has turned into CSI-BMW! Good work guys! - JT

Kalevera
10-08-2005, 06:54 AM
A good dealer would've had the correct mileage encoded on the new chip. A bad dealer would've said "to hell with it" and just replaced the entire thing. It's what happened in this case.

best, whit

632 Regal
10-08-2005, 08:18 AM
10 hours to go! only at 5100 this time

Jeff N.
10-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I can't see any obvious signs (other than the DOT-R panel) of crash damage or paint work. What do you see that suggests the cars been hit hard in the front? Certainly there's some questionable stuff - particularily the shiny radiator + hose clamps + fan coupling leads you to believe there's a lot of new parts. However, I can't see signs of paint overspray or removed stickers that would be common if the engine bay was straighted and painted.

It's clearly been aggressively detailed. The entire engine bay's been cleaned and then - and I hate it when they do this - clear sprayed. The seats have clearly been redyed - note the difference in the leather between the handbrake boot and the seats. Very common thing to have done on a used car lot.

I concur it's fishy and I wouldn't touch it without seeing it first.

My car had a similar odometer issue - unfortunately, I think it's more common than we think on these cars.

Jeff

SharkmanBMW
10-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I just read the about me page... Gino and Alfredo!
Read and laugh boys!
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=pilon28

DanDombrowski
10-08-2005, 12:45 PM
I love the part about his friend Gino who is "one heck of a mechanic". I'll bet he would NEVER commit odometer fraud, would he?

SharkmanBMW
10-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I love the part about his friend Gino who is "one heck of a mechanic". I'll bet he would NEVER commit odometer fraud, would he?

LMAO!!!

You would think these two clowns would have the brain wattage between them to replace the zip ties holding the rad with something proper!

They obviously spent a lot of time detailing, why not a few bucks on some OEM parts?!

Jeff N.
10-08-2005, 01:50 PM
...on two of his auctions have

1) zero feedback
2) recently changed IDs

...screams shill bidding no? What a scam!

LMAO!!!

You would think these two clowns would have the brain wattage between them to replace the zip ties holding the rad with something proper!

They obviously spent a lot of time detailing, why not a few bucks on some OEM parts?!

632 Regal
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
4 hours to go and holding at 5100.00 bet he pulls it cause it didnt get enough.

SharkmanBMW
10-08-2005, 06:29 PM
8 minutes and 33 bids, $5200

DanDombrowski
10-08-2005, 07:04 PM
I emailed (though Ebay, he blocks his email) him 2 more times, he won't respond. Does that account of yours that you used last time still work?

SharkmanBMW
10-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I emailed (though Ebay, he blocks his email) him 2 more times, he won't respond. Does that account of yours that you used last time still work?

I decided not to screw them again... I just got a new car and don't want any bad Karma!

Once was good enough. We really got them the first time around!

Hopefully the winner sees it and leaves bad feedback in a few days!
I will keep an eye on that.

GAM
10-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I decided not to mention his new id to ebay either. This time he has more honest mileage. I'm still concerned about his potential shilling since he has the bidders blocked. However, with it covered it's hard to accuse. Without any feedback it's buyer beware. The winner is going to be taking a risk, but if he/she gets it cheap enough it might be okay. Oh yea one more thing if you went through Taco's previous negative feedbacks he has a tendency not to close car sales if the price is too low. We should watch to see what happens with this one.

I decided not to screw them again... I just got a new car and don't want any bad Karma!

Once was good enough. We really got them the first time around!

Hopefully the winner sees it and leaves bad feedback in a few days!
I will keep an eye on that.

632 Regal
10-08-2005, 11:36 PM
well he got 6,112.12, seems a good price, hope the whole car isnt zip tied together.

genphreak
10-09-2005, 08:43 PM
People that is a class-A rip. The person writing the ad knows what they are doing. They are consummate liars.

It's got a cheap interior job and an even cheaper outside job, has been involved in a serious front and (probably) rear accident (as is evidenced from the layout of the radiator (yes Jeff-you guess it, see the zip-ties on the radiator?). The door-gaps, let alone bonnet fit - notice the gap all but disappears on one of the side-on fender shots showing the bonnet goes below the fender height. Yet it is sitting a good 8mm proud of the grille in a front-on shot.

$6k is too much unless its future is very limited and a short term good-looker is all that is needed by the buyer... its certainly not what they advertised.

Looks like the eBay theives, liars and deception artists triumph again... :| Nick

I bet she rattles and shakes and shimmies all the way home to the new buyers place. Then the head will probably warp from all that green colouring the panel-beater put in the algae-filled radiator...