PDA

View Full Version : Best Bang for the Buck - Rear Rotors.

uscharalph
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
My brake lining light has been lit up 2 days now, so I went to Midas for their free brake check up. Turns out I need rear pads and rotors.

What's the best rear rotor for the money?

632 Regal
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Brembos and Bailos are the OEM standards I think, either will work well

Bill R.
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
My brake lining light has been lit up 2 days now, so I went to Midas for their free brake check up. Turns out I need rear pads and rotors.

What's the best rear rotor for the money?

JulesE34
10-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I don't know if you guys have them over there, But I have Zimmermann Discs all round on mine, replaced all discs last year and I'm very impressed with them. They are about half the price of Brembos and excellent value for money in the UK.

DanDombrowski
10-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Hate to jump on the "I hate discount tire and brake places" and hijack the thread but....

I hate discount tire and brake places. You ALWAYS need new pads and rotors when you go there. ALWAYS. I've had all kinds of places tell me I need new pads or rotors even after I've replaced them the weekend before.

I hate to give you bad or unsafe advice, but if it doesn't vibrate, I don't replace the rotor.

shragon
10-07-2005, 08:36 AM
ate, balo, or brembo. all available at bma.

i'm currently using ate, and no complaints. just make sure you paint the hats so they don't rust.

Lennyz525i
10-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Using Balos on the rear, they're great. You can take off a rear wheel and check for pad thickness and rotor condition for yourself.

uscharalph
10-07-2005, 11:02 PM
"You can take off a rear wheel and check for pad thickness and rotor condition for yourself."

Yeah, but they do it for free and on the lift. Also, I didn't know if it was the front or rears, but I do now.