PDA

View Full Version : Wiper control

Claude
10-06-2005, 07:50 AM
What control the wiper speed on a E34 535i 89 ?

I have a strange problem, the first continous speed position now give me an intermittent wiper, so i now have 2 positions with entermittent wiper mode (a bit longer delay with this new intermittent position) and still have the high speed continous mode on the third position as usual.

Any clue as what may be the cause of this and how to fix that problem ?

Thanks Claude

BobHarris
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I assume (I know :p ) that you are travelling at over about 10 mph when you try the wipers? As they are supposed to go intermittent at standstill.

Other than that I'm afraid I can't be of any use.

All the best

Bob

Javier
10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
speed signal from the instrument cluster, and believes the car is not moving. The same signal is used for Speed monitoring at OBC, Radio, Cruise Control, A/C and DME

Javier

Claude
10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
speed signal from the instrument cluster, and believes the car is not moving. The same signal is used for Speed monitoring at OBC, Radio, Cruise Control, A/C and DME

Javier

Make sens ! I actually have an intermittent cluster and after your comment i check the wiper operation again to realize that my wiper problem occur only when the cluster is dead (no speed info), when the cluster come alive (speed info came back) the wiper work properly.

In other word, when i'll have fix my cluster problem i'll also get rid of my wiper's one.

Thanks

Kalevera
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Nah, the cluster is probably fine. The car likely needs a speedo sensor. Common problem.

Replace the speedo sensor before you waste any time on the dash module.

best, whit