PDA

View Full Version : Hub centric rings

E34 530
10-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Guys, really quick question. What hubcentric rings do you have?? I went to have my 2 rear tires replaced and balanced on the Hunter Roadforce machine, and off course the shop didn't know what the rings were so they put them on the hub instead of inside the rim. Driving home at 60mph felt like the car was about to take off into space, that's how bad it vibrated. Anyway, I got all the rings in the rims, and its good now, but they forgot to replace the right front ring and I think they lost it. What rings do you recommend I use if i just buy a whole new set??? tHnkas Guys. Do you think I should ask them to rebalance the whole car again because I had to take all the wheels off?? Somehow nothing seems to go right anymore. lol

Thanks, Andrew

632 Regal
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM
id grab a whole set and replace them as the rims go on and off, get the plastic ones as the aluminum ones weld themselves to the rims sometimes.

E34 530
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks Jeff. Can you send me a link where you got yours from???

Kalevera
10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Shucks, I think the aluminum ones from tirerack are the best. I spent < $25 on all four, shipped, last time I bought them. Plastic breaks :(

I don't remember the exact part number, but do a search -- I've quoted it a million times, and I know others have, as well.

best, whit

Beez540
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I got some off ebay shipped for $16.

kidlat
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Hubcentric Rings-You do not have to rebalance but you will definetely need the rings.
If you are buying the rings you will need to tell the supplier the car, model,....etc and you will need to know the manufacturer of the rim OEM or aftermarket size, offset..etc. Wesco Tires(Van Nuys Ca) or Tire Rack should have your rings.

Wesco
818-786-4100

Don McAdams
11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Tire Rack= part # A670 "Hub-Centric Ring"

Just give them that info, do not get into detail about what you are doing w/ them- it will only confuse them, ask more questions, etc......

HTH-