PDA

View Full Version : is there a reason all clear corners are cheeap

McWatters
10-04-2005, 09:24 PM
just wondering why clear corner indicators are so cheap on ebay. Whats the deal?

cheers

J.McWatters

liquidtiger720
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
cause they suck....

ask me how I know.

Imho...if you want your car to look top notch and you want the corners to fit right...get OEM.

uscharalph
10-04-2005, 09:37 PM
just wondering why clear corner indicators are so cheap on ebay. Whats the deal?

cheers

J.McWatters
You get what you pay for, especially in parts like this.

632 Regal
10-04-2005, 09:38 PM
the ebay depos are OK but get 2 sets for when you break the board trying to replace a bulb you can do the whole deal. I would invest in the hellas as soon as im done with the extras.

SC David
10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
the ebay depos are OK but get 2 sets for when you break the board trying to replace a bulb you can do the whole deal. I would invest in the hellas as soon as im done with the extras.
Yeah, I cracked my drivers side ones trying to get the bulbs in. Fitment was awful. Since then the prices have dropped a lot too, so I might just buy another set since they're so cheap now.

Qube
10-04-2005, 09:44 PM
You'll see when the rubber around it starts to crack in less than a week.

Mendozart
10-04-2005, 10:12 PM
On my rears I had to file the tabs on the sockets so they would fit, otherwise I would have cracked mine also. Other than that they've been great. I did go with Hellas on the front though.

uscharalph
10-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I cracked my drivers side ones trying to get the bulbs in. Fitment was awful. Since then the prices have dropped a lot too, so I might just buy another set since they're so cheap now.
Nice signature picture David.

genphreak
10-05-2005, 01:56 AM
I have two drivers-side depos (I am talking US drivers side).

The vendor sent me two drivers front indicator assemblies. Anyone got a spare passenger one?

I also have the same shenanigans going on at the rear end- my clusters are all mixed up.... I have a broken rear Depo cluster (which I am replacing with some old Hellas that I am cleaning up)

So, anyone want to swap their good drivers-side Hella Passenger rear cluster for a new condition passenger-side Depo?

Or their good rear drivers-side Depo cluster for a good passenger Hella?

Hahahhaah what a mess... also have my old stock E34 lights too... :) and a brand new E28 fog.

PM me if you do... :) Nick

ericcamaro
10-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Ive had mine for a few months and they still look top notch, just put a good coat or two of wax on the lense so the UV wont affect it and they should last a good year or two.

rockyfeller
10-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Some jerko did the same thing; Sent me 2 sidemarker lights for the same side....... I didn't notice at 1st, I only decided to install them 3 months later, then I forgot who I bought them from! Still sittin here, They're worth $10 I know nobody wants em. The reason things are so cheap is not only are they made cheap there's really very low demand and these dudes keep reposting their auctions 100x because of their surplus. They keep lowering their prices and some of them are within $.20 in price! I say why buy 2 sets of cheapos when you can get fade resistant, moisture resistant Hellas? They'll last another 10yrs+

genphreak
10-06-2005, 04:23 AM
Some jerko did the same thing; Sent me 2 sidemarker lights for the same side....... I didn't notice at 1st, I only decided to install them 3 months later, then I forgot who I bought them from! Still sittin here, They're worth $10 I know nobody wants em. The reason things are so cheap is not only are they made cheap there's really very low demand and these dudes keep reposting their auctions 100x because of their surplus. They keep lowering their prices and some of them are within $.20 in price! I say why buy 2 sets of cheapos when you can get fade resistant, moisture resistant Hellas? They'll last another 10yrs+ LOL Yea I did think the same thing. But I'll say the glass is half full in the hope that there are (now) 2 others out there with driver-side ones.. or did I say passenger-side? hmmm maybe I'm confused- I'll check again this weekend, you never know I might be screwed up and we could be able to so a swapsi! :D Nick

shragon
10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
they've always been dirt cheap. even cheaper now, not only due to low demand, but some of these guys may even import them in themselves from taiwan. i had a friend of a friend who at one time went to taiwan, and brought back with him 10 sets of civic clear corners. sold them cheap on ebay and still made a good profit.

but like others said, you do get what you pay for.

genphreak
10-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Some jerko did the same thing; Sent me 2 sidemarker lights for the same side....... I didn't notice at 1st, I only decided to install them 3 months later, then I forgot who I bought them from! Still sittin here, They're worth $10 I know nobody wants em. The reason things are so cheap is not only are they made cheap there's really very low demand and these dudes keep reposting their auctions 100x because of their surplus. They keep lowering their prices and some of them are within $.20 in price! I say why buy 2 sets of cheapos when you can get fade resistant, moisture resistant Hellas? They'll last another 10yrs+Yes, checked yesterday. Mine are driver's side (marked left on the box). What a PITA.

They must be cheaper to make or something...

bimmerd00d
10-27-2005, 07:07 AM
I used the ebay ones for a LONG time. Used the oem seals glued to them :)

Jay 535i
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
On my rears I had to file the tabs on the sockets so they would fit, otherwise I would have cracked mine also. Other than that they've been great. I did go with Hellas on the front though.

I had to do that too, but they're fine now.

I have the fronts, which I haven't installed yet. The seals look super-cheap, but I'm gonna give 'em a try. I can always go back or upgrade to Hella.

The seals on the rears seem much better. I don't anticipate anything going wrong with them.

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I had to do that too, but they're fine now.

I have the fronts, which I haven't installed yet. The seals look super-cheap, but I'm gonna give 'em a try. I can always go back or upgrade to Hella.

The seals on the rears seem much better. I don't anticipate anything going wrong with them.
Upgrade to Hella.

shragon
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
yea, the seals are teh suck on the ebay clears. my first set of clear corners were depo's, and i think the seals went bad in 6 months.

i've had my in.pro smoked corners for a few years now, and the seals are in ok condition.

the seals on my depo sidemarkers have been bad for a while.