PDA

View Full Version : The Best places for BMW parts

McWatters
10-04-2005, 03:37 PM
BMW parts people

What sites do you use for oem and aftermarket parts???

Im not really happy with some of the prices on Bav auto right now. so any other places

cheers

J.McWatters

dave b
10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
bma. www.bmaautoparts.com (http://www.bmaauto.com)

McWatters
10-04-2005, 03:54 PM
lol nice link there

cheers

J.McWatters

SRR2
10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
In order, I prefer 1) autohausaz, 2) getcoolparts, and 3) eap4parts. I've had excellent experiences with all of them. I suggest you compare for yourself all the recommendations you're going to get. Compare web site functionality, quality and depth of information, breadth and depth of stock, price, and shipping cost. Then make your own decision.

632 Regal
10-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I used EAP and it took 3 weeks for something that I could have got in 4 days from BMA, wasnt worth the 5 bux saved.

dacoyote
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
second vote for bma

uscharalph
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
BMW parts people

Im not really happy with some of the prices on Bav auto right now. so any other places

cheers

J.McWatters
I've been happy with BMA, as well as Taylor Automotive and eBay, along with a couple of trips to the dealer.

SRR2
10-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Weren't they in the process of moving for quite a while there? One order I placed with them was for a part only they had and they warned me that it might take longer than usual to get the stuff shipped. They were in a state where stuff was on trucks. Otherwise, they've been OK. Haven't placed an order there in six or seven months 'tho.

Ted K
10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
BMA for me.

Kalevera
10-04-2005, 06:12 PM
BavAuto is geared towards people who lease cars and have lots of money to flutter away on them.

I don't apply to either demographic. BMA via the *phone* is your best choice. You're pretty much getting the part at wholesale cost or less. There are some exceptions (stuff they have to get from a dealer/can't buy from worldpac), but all in all, Patrick is your best bet. Just make sure you specify brandname stuff to get top quality -- I've gotten a few dud parts (exhaust hangers, plastic pieces -- believe it or not, there are well and poorly made rubber doughnuts) that have gone south long before they should have.

best, whit

Springfield1952
10-04-2005, 06:51 PM
BMA for me also. I just called on Thursday (always speak with either Patrick or Yves) and ordered up a mess of parts for the Touring, the M5 and my daughter's Mitsu Eclipse. Patrick gave me choices, recommendations and the parts were at my house the next day. Hard to beat.

Curt.

Dave M
10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
I've gotten a few dud parts (exhaust hangers, plastic pieces -- believe it or not, there are well and poorly made rubber doughnuts) that have gone south long before they should have.

best, whit

Yeah, I thought it was odd that the hangers they sent started cracking within a year of install. I guess even BMA can stick it to ya sometimes :)

Dave M

Craig in Davis
10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
on my card and never shipped. Called them, emailed them repeatedly was told they would reverse charge but it never happened. The dollar amount wasn't worth anymore of my time but I will never order from them again.

In order, I prefer 1) autohausaz, 2) getcoolparts, and 3) eap4parts. I've had excellent experiences with all of them. I suggest you compare for yourself all the recommendations you're going to get. Compare web site functionality, quality and depth of information, breadth and depth of stock, price, and shipping cost. Then make your own decision.

Craig in Davis
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
and e12 I have been very happy with carpartstogo.com. Steve Haygood of Automobile Solutions has very good prices on e28 parts but I haven't checked on e34 parts yet.
BMW parts people

cheers

J.McWatters

rps1072
10-05-2005, 08:04 AM
I have had good luck with www.shopautobahnparts.com (http://www.shopautobahnparts.com/) for dealer only things like the cover for the rear seatbelt that also holds down the rear seat (72 11 8 149 192). They used to have the parts diagrams on their site. You could also put in a BMW part number and it would bring it up with the price. Help me pressure them to get it back online.

Here's the message I got from them when I asked when they were going to be back up:

Ryan,

Sorry, not any time soon. Have you called David
Lanford directly?

He's a great guy and can get you anything you need
over the phone.

His direct line is 817-390-3311
or toll free 800-433-5602 ext 311.

Thanks for emailing.

Kind Regards,

Derek West
Internet Director
autobahn Motorcar Group
817-390-3827 (direct line)
http://www.shopautobahn.com
derek@abahn.com

For non-dealer type parts, I go to a guy here in Houston that usually deals in Volvo parts. He normally is comparable to the online guys (when you account for shipping) and can have the parts in a couple of hours. I can post his info in anyone wants it.

Mendozart
10-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Where are you located? I personally use BMA most of the time. But I also use Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa,CA. The thing I like about them is they're right down the street from where I work, they give me BMWCCA discount, and I can actually look/compare parts, which you can't do via internet/phone.

Chip
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
I just ordered two rear window regulators for the wife's e39 from Crevier BMW.
parts@crevierbmw.com address to Vaheh
Total price shipped to my door saved me over $40 each from the best price from my local stealer- plus I'm saving on the gas money :D

Other than that- bma all the way

mikell
10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
For non-dealer type parts, I go to a guy here in Houston that usually deals in Volvo parts. He normally is comparable to the online guys (when you account for shipping) and can have the parts in a couple of hours. I can post his info in anyone wants it.

I'd love to have a good local source - can you provide a name & address for your Hpouston parts source? Thanks.

Mike

TheDuke
10-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Love BMA not even 2h drive from my house:)

dave b
10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Love BMA not even 2h drive from my house:)
Ha. got you beat. BMA is 7 minutes from me through Griffith Park here in LA. I have even gone there via mountain bike when I stripped the radiator bleeder screw.

By far the bast parts and service you will ever get.