PDA

View Full Version : SRS light on only when engine cold

scott540
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Once the car warms up, the light goes out. What's up with that??

ProZak
12-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Once the car warms up, the light goes out. What's up with that??
Bump - this just happened to me yesterday. Only other electrical issues are weak / loose connections on the HVAC and shift lever indicator lights and the rear window motors. I don't they're related, though. Thoughts?

liquidtiger720
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Bump.

Today, i noticed my srs light stay on after I started up the car. Weird thing is, it turns off after about 5 minutes of driving.

ArtemLepilov
03-16-2006, 09:36 PM
My SRS light is blinking because the car has been in an accident - anyone has an idea of now to reset it?

-Artem

rps1072
03-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I had the same thing. Eventually the light stayed on all the time. I purchased a Peake SRS reader and it returned something cryptic like firing circuit failure. I took of the steering wheel and saw that the contact ring was all gunked up with some kind of grease. I cleaned this off and put the steering wheel back on. After clearing the SRS light with the reader (which you will have to do, unless you take it to a shop) the light stayed off. My theory is that the firing circuit was making poor electrical contact. Once the wheel had been turned a few times, it made better contact and the light went out.

Drooby
10-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Bump.

Today, i noticed my srs light stay on after I started up the car. Weird thing is, it turns off after about 5 minutes of driving.

Hi my car is behaving the same way - did you get yours fixed? If so how??

TIA.

Felixdacat
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
maybe the switch is sticking. Just remove the bulb:p