PDA

View Full Version : Is that an e34?

tim
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
This link goes to a video of a driving mishap.

http://www.steakandcheese.com/content/detail.asp?ID=22672&type=1&page=1

jeeze. what's the big deal. I do that all the time.

(link ok but site nws)

632 Regal
10-04-2005, 09:09 AM
3rd time this was posted...still a great vid. Wonder if the exhaust was warmed up yet?

Jimbo
10-04-2005, 09:09 AM
No, I think its an E30? There was a large thread on that video a couple days ago discussing this gentleman's questionable intelligence.

tim
10-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry for the repost. Sux to be that guy. Any word on his condition?

DanH
10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Here is the other thread:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14497

3rd time this was posted...still a great vid. Wonder if the exhaust was warmed up yet?

Zeuk in Oz
10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
May I ask a really dumb question ?
Without some sort of trick hand throttle or even remote control, how did the car keep revving (and turning) when the car is not attached to the driver ?
Why did the car not keep revving when he is underneath it ?
A stunt of some kind ?

Beez540
10-04-2005, 03:47 PM
There needs to be more E34 driving clips on the web, because I can only handle this being reposted about 5 more times.

I know someone with a car camera mount.... hmmmmm.

Robin-535im
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Without some sort of trick hand throttle or even remote control, how did the car keep revving (and turning) when the car is not attached to the driver ?
A stunt of some kind ?
Could have had cruise control on at full throttle... I think it was high-centered on his body and couldn't get traction. Lots of smoke from the tires while the poor lad was under the car.

genphreak
10-06-2005, 04:35 AM
A stunt of some kind ? I think it was due to determination. That little E30 was clearly angry after being abused so badly.

The little black beastie, she was designed for driving pleasure, not obnoxiuous displays of testosterone-induced machismo.

The guy was silly. Anyone that works with 1/2HP hand held power tools can tell you getting out of a 200+ HP (driverless) car running at WOT to do anything other than run away is just plain stupid.

Even on a dyno it scares the crap out of me... I bet that guy has never seen an accident close-up before.

I can't say I'd like kissing the sump of a boiling hot M20 like that to be my first, I sure am one lucky person... (... hahhaha I might well be as stupid, now I stop to think about it!)