Cheers

All the best

Bob

632 Regal
10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Mott apple sauce?

Paul in NZ
10-03-2005, 07:58 PM
we have an equivalent wof....gives you a good feeling doesnt it,i thought mine would fly through,needed brakes and a couple of small exhaust leaks looked at

Dan in NZ
10-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Mine flew through last time. Before that it was just equalising the handbrake. Before that one... play in a front wheel and leaking transmission ($).

BobHarris
10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Mott apple sauce?

MOT = Ministry of Transport

It's a thorough test performed anually to make sure the vehicle is roadworthy. They check suspension, bushes brakes and all sorts of other things. They also do an emissions test.

HTH

All the best

bob

Lennyz525i
10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I used to live in florida, no emissions or roadworthy checking period. You'd have to have like a shot windshield, no headlights and a missing wheel for a police officer to pull you over and deem your vehicle not roadworthy. Now that's lax...

632 Regal
10-04-2005, 11:00 AM
same in Michigan, used to have them emission tests only and if it didnt pass you would have to give the guy a $20 to just lean the probe in the vicinity of the tailpipe to pass. When I was in High school the corner gas station would lay it on the floor behind really bad running cars.

Dan in NZ
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
We have six-monthly Warrant of Fitness inspections, or yearly if the car is NZ-new and under 5 years old. They test braking performance, suspension play, tyres, lights, rust, exhaust system etc etc etc. But no emissions testing at all! The average age of cars here is around 10 years, so they're more concerned with the safety aspects. If we had emissions testing, probably at least half the cars would be ordered off the road!